Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 3:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Its not just wheat its gluten that people seem to have a problem with. Trick is there is a lot of gluten out there. You cannot just cut wheat you need to cut all the relatives that have gluten as well, that includes but is not limited to; wheat, barley, oats and I think rice and corn. Luckly there are some good replacements out there if you want to go this route.

Quinoa is getting pretty easy to find and its a top notch grain, it makes a great breatfast if you cook it in apple juice with cinnamon and blue berries. Quinoa can also replace rice in any recipe, I've really taken to quinoa stuffed bellpeppers. Also buckwheat makes the best pancakes in the damned world. You can also use flour from chia, amaranth and teff if you can find it.
    FWIW I just found this list, as I was considering gluten free for a while.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/181/1...nts/Page1.html

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/26/2012 12:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So for the last 2 weeks I have been going to the GYM time allowing almost every day. I am sore but not like I used to be before I gave up gluten. When I tried to exercise I was always wiped out the next day and took a long time to recover.

I am also taking soy protein with Vitamins, and BCAA (branch Chained Amino Acids) which help a lot.

The bottom line is I notice a big difference in my recovery time being gluten free.

Posted On:
    1/26/2012 6:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Genbukan Ninpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Just read "Wheat Belly" (William Davis). Advocates cutting wheat out of your diet. Basically the book blames all kinds of health problems on wheat consumption and promises all kinds of health benefits from eliminating wheat from your diet. I'm thinking of giving it a shot for awhile just to see how it plays out. Has anyone else tried this?
    I am. Took a test and discovered I had an allergy to wheat, Cow Dairy and fungus (mushrooms etc). I've switched to wheat free bread, Soy milk and just with those two things have lost 30 pounds. And I no longer feel lousy. So there is something to it, but I don't think that everyone would have this.

Posted On:
    1/26/2012 8:17pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started a low carb ketogenic diet with no wheat 2 weeks ago. Within two days I felt a huge surge in energy levels. Not sure if it's due to the lower levels in carb and higher intake of green veggies, fruits, and proteins or the reduction of wheat. Maybe it's both, but that's been my experience so far and I feel great.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 2:49am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't notice any significant difference in energy but I haven't had alcohol for three weeks either do was feeling quite good anyway .

What I did notice though is when I ate some normal bread it zapped all my energy in minutes. I tried this a few times and now I don't really want to eat normal bread .
    King without a crown

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    So for the last 2 weeks I have been going to the GYM time allowing almost every day. I am sore but not like I used to be before I gave up gluten. When I tried to exercise I was always wiped out the next day and took a long time to recover.

I am also taking soy protein with Vitamins, and BCAA (branch Chained Amino Acids) which help a lot.

The bottom line is I notice a big difference in my recovery time being gluten free.
    Jesus man ditch the soy and go with Whey.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Jesus man ditch the soy and go with Whey.

Whey is lactose based trying to avoid that as much as possible

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah understandable. Brown rice protein perhaps? I hear it tastes like crap though.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 2:18am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's whey protein isolate, the lactose should all be removed. I'm lactose intolerant and couldn't have whey, but whey protein is not a problem -- I have it every day in a protein shake (made with coconut milk beverage instead of a dairy base); no sign of the rather distinct symptoms of lactose intolerance.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 11:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1/233 maybe has a celiac problem. this is the "lactose intolerant" of the 90s equivalent.

bro science abounds. you see "adrenal fatigue" garbage associated with this. "low T" twaddlenockery. *barf*
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast