Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 5:27pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The anti-gluten crowd assumes the fault of everything is gluten. It's very convenient to blame absolutely everything on one food type, macro-nutrient, or the lack of certain magical foods in your diet.

People with celiac have serious problems from gluten. You can be tested by a doctor for a gluten allergy or intolerance just like you can be tested for damn near any other allergy or deficiency. I loathe self-diagnoses of any kind.

Really though, the experiment can't hurt, so if you're happy doing it there's no reason not to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 2:49pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My oldest daughter has glutton issues. She had bloating and cramps before we learned wheat could be the root cause

Family meals have been glutton free for around six months. She has never been fitter and the whole family lost some weight.

Good luck on your experiment!

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do this.

It's not wheat but Gluten , which is also found in barley and rye and some other grains.

The best way to see if you are intolerant is go completely off Gluten for 2 weeks see how you feel and then go back to eating it and compare.

I eat gluten and get itchy as well as feel bloated, tired and my joints ache and have less energy.

I can (and have recently ) eat it but feel like ****.

It's a hard diest as gluten is everywher and in everything you have to read all labels and get food marked non gluten.

I suggest buying a bread maker as the only "bread" you can eat will be the rice flour stuff I will look at the Mix I use but my home made gluten free bread is better than any store bought gluten free bread I have found.

You can easily find rice flour pasta which IMO is almost the same as regular pasta.

Chex is gluten free cereal and far cheaper than other brands of specific gluten free cereal.

I also gave up dairy (more or less)

Basically get used to making your own food a lot or you get stuck being hungry and heavily tempted (and failing)

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 3:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz View Post
    The anti-gluten crowd assumes the fault of everything is gluten. It's very convenient to blame absolutely everything on one food type, macro-nutrient, or the lack of certain magical foods in your diet.

People with celiac have serious problems from gluten. You can be tested by a doctor for a gluten allergy or intolerance just like you can be tested for damn near any other allergy or deficiency. I loathe self-diagnoses of any kind.

Really though, the experiment can't hurt, so if you're happy doing it there's no reason not to.
    You can test for Celiac but not intolerance all you can do is experiment and see how you feel off an on.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    You can test for Celiac but not intolerance all you can do is experiment and see how you feel off an on.
    My Doctor disagrees with this, seeing as I'm waiting for the results of a gluten intolerance test atm.

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 5:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    My Doctor disagrees with this, seeing as I'm waiting for the results of a gluten intolerance test atm.
    I did an allergy test that was inconclusive.

My understanding is that other tests are not definitive.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 9:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently there is a blood test that can show gluten intolerance.

It may be relatively new though.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im going to give this a try this week.
    Have dabbled in it a bit as my fiance is trying it but havent comitted to it when im not with her.
    Will keep you updated.
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    1/04/2012 9:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz View Post

Didn't really diagnose myself with anything other than a few pounds to lose but medically I don't think that's a controversial call.

Posted On:
    1/04/2012 11:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My reverse experiment is that I have screwed up my diet badly this Holiday and gained a few pounds.

of course anyone can say that.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast