Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I eat chicken breast or lean pork cuts(tenderloin is pretty lean and tasty) with breakfast sometimes.
    I have the luxury of fresh fish here too, mahi-mahi (dorado) and ono (wahoo) are two favorite breakfast fishes.
    I snack on raw tuna all the time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 3:26am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I eat chicken breast or lean pork cuts(tenderloin is pretty lean and tasty) with breakfast sometimes.
    I have the luxury of fresh fish here too, mahi-mahi (dorado) and ono (wahoo) are two favorite breakfast fishes.
    I snack on raw tuna all the time.
    This made me... so hungry. Especially saying you snack on raw tuna... I love that stuff.

I am definitely on that same page with getting a sick feeling from the texture of oatmeal. One thing that I've been told is trying to get a warm cereal like oatmeal because cold cereals can slow the body down if you wake up feeling sluggish. I have yet to experiment with this, though before I got sick of oatmeal I would say it gave me a little more spring in my step if I ate it before heading to school. Right now I alternate between eggs either in a sandwich or with a slice of bread separate, depending on how hungry I feel, and cold cereals like cracklin' oat bran and honey bunches of oats with strawberries (my parents spoil me, what can I say?). If I were working on my weight I'd definitely go for a chobani/greek yogurt because it's loaded with protein and really good for you. Also, eggs are among the elite in my opinion.

P.S. anyone try fiber one cereal? They advertise that it's really good for you, but how true is this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 5:09am

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kangaroo and eggs.

about 60g of protien, 15g of fat and zero carbs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:17am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whenever I'm focusing on diet and training I have either unsweetened museli and egg white omelette or porridge with a dash of honey and egg white omelette (I always throw at least one chopped red chili into my omelette to fire me up for the day). I always try to get some protein along with quality slow release carbs even if it means just grabbing a whey shake.
    Last edited by Prince Vlad; 1/11/2012 6:22am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breakfast is always hard for me when I'm trying to eat healthy.

More or less I've found everything healthy to be pretty hardcore in the taste department. I get sick of oatmeal and cereal with skim milk. I like boiled eggs okay - yes I eat the whole thing - but they get old too.

Sometimes I have a Carnation Instant Breakfast which is tasty. I also may have some fruit and yogurt. Mixing yogurt, oats and fresh strawberries is pretty good.

When the wife is feeling charitable she'll whip up a veggie omelette but it's better with cheese, which I try to avoid if I'm losing weight.

Scrambled eggs in a tortilla with mushrooms, green peppers, onions and hot sauce is okay. Again, there's the cheese thing though.

I haven't found the magic breakfast bullet that's satisfying and healthy yet. Let me know if you do.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 12:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I often fix my wife and myself a mix of bulk lowfat granola, like ChenPengFi mentioned, Greek yogurt and various berries in the morning.

It's as easy as cereal. Pour granola, a large dollop of yogurt and berries into bowl. Enjoy.

Washing the fruit is the only thing that takes any prep time. I usually wash it at night, so I don't have to mess with it in the morning.
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123