218358 Bullies, 883 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 26
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,978

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 10:06am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a cereal at Costco called Ancient Grains which is basically granola. It's about 25% of my daily fiber, I think 8g of protein before milk (plus another 7g or so when you add it). Along with a sliced up banana, I often will dump a big scoop of Greek yogurt into it (add another 22g of protein) and sometimes a serving of almond butter (add another 8g of protein) too, but it's already really filling by that point (and I often have zero appetite when I wake up and basically have to force myself to eat).

    Some of the shredded wheat squares have really good stats to for a cheap, easily found alternative.
  2. IlikeOwls is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 1:17pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shuai Jiao

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eggs are actually pretty fast if you just fry them up. Maybe with some green onions and broccoli. That's what i usually eat for breakfast.

    If you feel like you need some starch in the mornings, boil some oats the night before and zap them in the microwave the next day. That way you get all the healthful aspects of box cereal and you can control the amount/type of sugar that goes into your breakfast. Cheaper too.
  3. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,246

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 1:26pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Sleaze View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Can anyone recommend a decent granola cereal? Is raisin really that good for you? I've always liked it i'll have to take a closer look at the nutrition label. I've always wondered what the difference was between greek and regular yogurt but i've never really looked into it so i'll have to pick some up.
    Check your local health food store, they often have granola by bulk.
    My local place has about 6 or 7 different varieties, some healthier than others but there are nutrition labels on the bins.
  4. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,978

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 2:13pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    There's a cereal at Costco called Ancient Grains which is basically granola. It's about 25% of my daily fiber, I think 8g of protein before milk (plus another 7g or so when you add it). Along with a sliced up banana, I often will dump a big scoop of Greek yogurt into it (add another 22g of protein) and sometimes a serving of almond butter (add another 8g of protein) too, but it's already really filling by that point (and I often have zero appetite when I wake up and basically have to force myself to eat).

    Some of the shredded wheat squares have really good stats to for a cheap, easily found alternative.
    P.S. Costco is also a good place to get big tubs of Greek Yogurt for cheap. It's a no-fat amazing protein source, but is expensive if you buy it in the regular grocery store.
  5. thrutch is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    C*nt London
    Posts
    583

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 2:27pm


     Style: Shorin Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fruit muesli and Berocca ftw. Breakfast of champions. And me.
  6. elipson is offline
    elipson's Avatar

    Ad Hominem rocks.

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,463

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 4:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raisins#Nutrition

    Nothing wrong with Raisins unless you are going for a low carb diet.

    A greater variety of fruits and vegetables is good for pretty much any diet.
  7. Eddie Hardon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,488

    Posted On:
    12/30/2011 6:30pm


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    Porridge, with a little bit of jam.
    Indeed! Good option.

    For me, I was raised on Porridge topped with a scattering of sugar and milk.

    Nowadays, I go for the Instant Porridge (2mins) and I'm happy with that :-)
  8. jspeedy is offline
    jspeedy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,599

    Posted On:
    12/31/2011 2:49am


     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Indeed! Good option.

    For me, I was raised on Porridge topped with a scattering of sugar and milk.

    Nowadays, I go for the Instant Porridge (2mins) and I'm happy with that :-)
    Crazy Europeans. Is porridge the same as oatmeal? I was on an oatmeal kick for a while but something about the texture just makes me gag when I've had my fill. It's like I know I should eat more and finish the bowl but I just can't stand it. The same with eggs, I'll eat them regularly for 6 months or so then I can't stand them. Cereal for the most part I can tolerate anytime.

    Anyone know of any breakfast meats that are reasonably healthy for a lean guy trying to gain some mass? Canadian bacon? sausage? bacon? turkey bacon? (Am I derailing my own thread with this?) I'm still thinking of it as something I can eat with cereal for a little extra protein and calories when I'm trying to gain weight and/or strength.

    For a while I was making little wheat english muffin, egg, and turkey sausage, breakfast sandwiches (sometimes with a cheese slice) but my health nut wife swore I was a fatty for eating them.
  9. doofaloofa is offline
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,247

    Posted On:
    12/31/2011 5:22am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Sleaze View Post
    Anyone know of any breakfast meats that are reasonably healthy for a lean guy trying to gain some mass? Canadian bacon? sausage? bacon? turkey bacon? (Am I derailing my own thread with this?) I'm still thinking of it as something I can eat with cereal for a little extra protein and calories when I'm trying to gain weight and/or strength.
    I favour kippers as a high protein breakfast. High in Omega oils. Inside a wholemeal pittas, two will do me till lunchtime. They stink however(but in a nice way) so perfect for those who live by themselves
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing
  10. Odacon is offline
    Odacon's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,634

    Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:14am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Sleaze View Post
    Crazy Europeans. Is porridge the same as oatmeal? I was on an oatmeal kick for a while but something about the texture just makes me gag when I've had my fill. It's like I know I should eat more and finish the bowl but I just can't stand it. The same with eggs, I'll eat them regularly for 6 months or so then I can't stand them. Cereal for the most part I can tolerate anytime.

    Anyone know of any breakfast meats that are reasonably healthy for a lean guy trying to gain some mass? Canadian bacon? sausage? bacon? turkey bacon? (Am I derailing my own thread with this?) I'm still thinking of it as something I can eat with cereal for a little extra protein and calories when I'm trying to gain weight and/or strength.

    For a while I was making little wheat english muffin, egg, and turkey sausage, breakfast sandwiches (sometimes with a cheese slice) but my health nut wife swore I was a fatty for eating them.
    Yeah Porridge = Oatmeal I think. They sell tubes of porridge here put some milk in and 2 mins in the microwave and you're done, you can mix in jam, honey, nuts, whatever to add flavor. As for meat stay away from sausages they're mostly sawdust (or whatever filling they put in it) not good for staying lean. Bacon is fine a rasher on wholemeal bread sandwich would be a good addition to your breatfast.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.