Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 7:05pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No rules full contact sparring in london

I am looking for a place in london that does full contact no rules fighting with gear or without and with Gi or no Gi.

includes full contact multiple attacker drills and self defence senarios.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 7:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollykate View Post
    includes full contact multiple attacker drills
    err... you do realise what a truly awful idea this is don't you? do you get the concept of full contact? this would just be a drill in getting king hit from behind and getting concussed. if you absolutely have to do multiple attacker drills, i would suggest starting a bit slower.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i was thinking of things like this but include takedowns and grappling judo throws juijitsu locks.

western boxing, haymakers and punches to the back of the head, people pushing you down to kick you in the head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 8:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could use mma gloves and headguard just as long of you have people trying to push you down and kick you in the head or punch you in the head with no rules with what they can or cant do.

lots of sparring in clubs is either too light or has too many rules about what you can or cant do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 9:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "the only way to do this is through full contact sparring, with no rules. Get a couple buddies, find some space, and then spar. If you get hit, don't point your finger and yell "you need to learn control" like you probably did in the McDojo, take it as a nice hint. Allow take downs, grappling, submissions, throws, joint locks, trips, hits below the belt, hits to the head, the back, etc. And don't just spar other friends taking martial arts, spar people with no experience, or limited experience. Go head to head with a boxer and also with a wrestler. If you are smaller, grab a bigger friend and test your stuff. If you do this, say every weekend, you'll learn where your weaknesses are, and then you can start working on that individually."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 10:18pm

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once in a blue moon a few mates (kma bb,boxing,kickboxn,thug) and I have fun with this in a boxing ring, we go easy on the concussions of course... especially on the cheap shots. I never really thought of it having positive training aspects. Just good fun.
    It'd be good to get a grappler in the mix too as we all prefer to stay standing.

Thinking about it now, done regularly it would be helpfull in experiencing multiple opponents in a confined area, but then the intensity just isnt there so is still just playin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 10:29pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most gyms that do multiples pretty much put you in heavy padding and armor for a very good reason. Multiple attacker drills can result in serious injury, so it's best that you learn how to fight one person at a time first.

That if you want to defend yourself, you really need to find a place that emphasizes sprinting. That's the best multiple attacker drill out there.
    Last edited by yli; 12/29/2011 10:32pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/30/2011 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollykate View Post

i was thinking of things like this but include takedowns and grappling judo throws juijitsu locks.

western boxing, haymakers and punches to the back of the head, people pushing you down to kick you in the head.

ok a couple of things- nothing in any of that was even close to full contact, despite all the protective gear.

1st vid- zero intent. that was 3 chubby dudes messing around.

2nd vid- apparently these are drills for fighting two guys who are fucking sissys and turn away from a slap

3rd vid- some guy in body armour running away from 2 other guys in body armour.

serious question, how many multiple on one fights have you witnessed? ive seen a few and been in one, but did ANY look ANYTHING like the above? every instance ive seen has been over brutally fast, with the lone person getting swarmed and given a fucking hiding, unless they had a huge edge over the others.

im not saying theres anything wrong with the idea, but none of the above videos show it in action, and the idea of doing it full contact with minimal protection is ludicrous.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    12/30/2011 1:48am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with almost everything Alex said, except I think its better to do it with sissies than none at all. If anything for the angles.

However, this means absolutely nothing unless you develop normal 1v1 fighting prowess first, which will take years. Basically, you need to be fucking awesome so you can turn the two+ guys into sissies. Be able to **** one guy up very quickly.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2011 2:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone give me some advice if i wanted to set this up as i cant find a suitable place anywhere?

Things like equipment to wear and some advice on full contact senarios

pretty sure i could find some martial arts people and hire a place.

i just need a bit of guidance
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast