Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cool sweep from butterfly guard!

I've used this sweep countless times when people defend the initial hookflip. Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by jnp; 12/29/2011 8:14pm at . Reason: Replaced hyperlink with video

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 8:09pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a nice sweep. I'd prefer to utilize the kneebar that's available when you first come out of the roll. Is this a bad idea in your opinion?
    Shut the hell up and train.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 11:31pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty cool, man. And it falls in line with a lot of the stuff that I already do.

I've found that the butterfly guard and all its variations help me out quite a bit being the little guy, although I'm still having trouble with people getting crazy aggressive and flattening me out, or sort of bullying their way through a pass. All stuff that takes time to figure out, I'm sure.

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 11:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice. I used to do it long time ago but i don't use it anymore. I don't know why because it works pretty well. I think i'm gonna try to use it again !

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 12:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your opponent maintains the whizzer throughout the roll I don't think you will be able to get the leverage to hit the kneebar...although, if he bails on the whizzer and tries to post to counter the sweep, the kneebar would be there.

I really like the option to attack the near leg to counter the standard post to block the elevator sweep from butterfly guard. Very cool. I play A LOT from butterfly and will be trying this tomorrow. Very cool. Thanks.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 12:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wrong. The knee bar is there regardless of the whizzer. I hit the sweep a few times live this week and last night I was pulled back killing the momentum to complete the baseball slide to pass.

As I fell back I wrapped the leg with my free arm (think full nelson grip, around the ankle and hand around my head), pinched the knees, and hit the knee bar immediately with plenty of leverage even with one arm trapped. Even with a death-grip whizzer you can spaghetti arm out of it mid-roll to get both arms around the leg to get the normal grip kneebar.

If your opponent follows you up you get the sweep and if he kills the roll the kneebar is a viable option.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 2:18pm

Style: Wrestling/Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cannot say enough good things about that gym. See my comment.