Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

38 Closed Guard Combos EVERYONE Should Know in Just 4 Minutes

Just like any other position the closed guard is extremely effective if you know what to go for. By knowing core combinations you will be set up much better to attack your opponent at a faster pace and have a better chance of being steps ahead of your opponent. If you are steps ahead of them, then there is a good chance that you will win.

It is with combinations and understanding transitions that you start elevating your game to the higher level. There are many set-ups to start a lot of these submission and that is just the beginning. Combinations are what get you much closer to the end.

Understand that just because these are show in combinations of two, doesn't mean it stops there. You can start off where another set of combinations begins turning them into 4,5,6,7, and 8 plus move combinations. Which brings them from basic combinations to a higher level advanced chain.

Thank you for watching.

Jason Scully

P.S. If you enjoy the video please share it with those you know will enjoy it as well. Happy Holidays

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 12:37pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats great for giving out ideas. I'm still a noob, so I'm still things like.....I dunno, side hold down...but I still find this valuable for combo drills to try out. Transitions and counters seem to be where its at on the ground (and standing up, now that I think of it). Thanks man!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 2:37pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is great, thanks for this.

Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 10:16pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very nice video, with some of my favorite closed guard attacks.

One question, in the first of the two kimura to take the back techniques what is your opponent doing with the arm you attack? Is he trying to bury it inside his leg to protect it (with his arm over the top of your leg), or is he putting it back into the space between the two of you?

I'm assuming the second, because otherwise when trying to go to the back you basically just run right into his arm, now reinforced by his leg and possibly a handful of his shorts. Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 11:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    Very nice video, with some of my favorite closed guard attacks.

One question, in the first of the two kimura to take the back techniques what is your opponent doing with the arm you attack? Is he trying to bury it inside his leg to protect it (with his arm over the top of your leg), or is he putting it back into the space between the two of you?

I'm assuming the second, because otherwise when trying to go to the back you basically just run right into his arm, now reinforced by his leg and possibly a handful of his shorts. Or am I missing something?

Thanks.
    With the first one he is tucking his hand under his body in which case I feed my arm under his body as well and take his back. I have hit this successfully on fully resisting opponents. The second one he is straightening his arm out, basically if he was stronger then me and I then throw the arm over my head. I have also hit this one successfully on fully resisting opponents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 8:38am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
    With the first one he is tucking his hand under his body in which case I feed my arm under his body as well and take his back. I have hit this successfully on fully resisting opponents. The second one he is straightening his arm out, basically if he was stronger then me and I then throw the arm over my head. I have also hit this one successfully on fully resisting opponents.
    Got it, thanks. Looking forward to catching your bottom half guard video as well.