Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 11:30pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Run the Warrior Dash in under 35 minutes.

Drop 55lbs of body weight.

Compete in a minimum of 4 BJJ tourneys(at least one NAGA).

Find and compete in as many knockdown karate tournaments as humanly possible(it will be tough after a 10 year layoff).

Compete in at least one Kakutogi match.

Actual PT goals: Bench 400+ again
    Deadlift 500+ again
    Sub 17 minute 5K row and 5K run

I may have bitten off more than I can chew for one year, but they are goals, after all.

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 2:26am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reach my goal weight of under 65kg (Goal is for by my birthday in July and current weight is 75kg)

My first muay thai fight by the end of the year

The Koh Samui 10km run (I missed it last year)

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 2:49am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Already on target for my goals, up 4 kg since November with same BF %. 7 more to go this year.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 11:43am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My goal to finally start strength training outside of BJJ came true when I signed up with a trainer friend of mine. I'm now 3 weeks in to a Mon Wed Fri strength training schedule.

My goal is to be able to pull on my opponent's leg to finish a kneebar without something getting screwed up in my lower back. That and to get functionally stronger all around.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    My goal to finally start strength training outside of BJJ came true when I signed up with a trainer friend of mine. I'm now 3 weeks in to a Mon Wed Fri strength training schedule.

My goal is to be able to pull on my opponent's leg to finish a kneebar without something getting screwed up in my lower back. That and to get functionally stronger all around.
    Cool - what sort of program are you doing?
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 3:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Cool - what sort of program are you doing?
    I can't remember the name of the program he's using, but I can describe it.

Warm up on treadmill. Shoulder mobility exercise with a piece of 7 ft closet dowel rod followed by squats with nothing but the rod, concentrating on form.

Then the compound lifts. Sets of 4, first three I do 3 reps, last set to failure minus 1 rep (I stop when I think I won't be able to finish the next rep). Today was deadlift and bench. Other days include squats and overhead presses.

Then we move on to various calisthenics or kettlebell exercises. Three sets, reps of 10 or 20. Today was hindu pushups, and an exercise involving putting my feet on one of those big inflatable exercise balls. Then I lifted my butt off the ground until my core was in a straight line (hips in line with shoulders) followed by rolling the ball toward my butt with my feet while keeping my core straight. He typically has me perform 2-3 different type of exercises during this period.

Lastly I stretch my hamstrings because they tend to tighten up later in the day if I don't.

Edit: This is designed to ease me back into an exercise program that allows me to roll 3x a week and prevents injury from lifting too hard.
    Last edited by jnp; 2/16/2012 3:19pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 5:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I can't remember the name of the program he's using, but I can describe it.

Warm up on treadmill. Shoulder mobility exercise with a piece of 7 ft closet dowel rod followed by squats with nothing but the rod, concentrating on form.

Then the compound lifts. Sets of 4, first three I do 3 reps, last set to failure minus 1 rep (I stop when I think I won't be able to finish the next rep). Today was deadlift and bench. Other days include squats and overhead presses.

Then we move on to various calisthenics or kettlebell exercises. Three sets, reps of 10 or 20. Today was hindu pushups, and an exercise involving putting my feet on one of those big inflatable exercise balls. Then I lifted my butt off the ground until my core was in a straight line (hips in line with shoulders) followed by rolling the ball toward my butt with my feet while keeping my core straight. He typically has me perform 2-3 different type of exercises during this period.

Lastly I stretch my hamstrings because they tend to tighten up later in the day if I don't.

Edit: This is designed to ease me back into an exercise program that allows me to roll 3x a week and prevents injury from lifting too hard.
    Wow so there are PTs that know what the hell they are doing. Those exercises you describe with your feet on the swiss ball are excellent to wake up and strengthen the glutes as well as the hamstrings. You may want to stretch your hip flexors often as well. Tight hamstrings and hip flexors are a common cause of lower back problems.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345