Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just found out I'm also doing a Warrior Dash with the wife in addition to the Tough Mudder.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    In what?
    AOK open martial arts tournaments.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fitness related goals for 2012.
    Bench press moar than 200 lbs. FIRE!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be completely pain free, return to around previous (pre-injury) strength levels, pistol past parallel on both sides, strict 1 arm push up on both sides, pass the HKC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A year and a half ago, I was basically told by my doctors that I would never be able to run again without experiencing debilitating neck pain and exacerbating strength and sensation loss in my arms. Thankfully, I kept asking for second opinions. Finally found a doctor that could help @ Walter Reed. After ONE surgery, it took me 4 weeks to work up to running. 6 Months later, my running is entirely pain free, and have regained virtually all of the strength, dexterity, and sensation in both of my arms. Forget the opiates, I haven't even needed NSAIDs since surgery.

May 2012: Tough Mudder in DC. October 28, 2012: Marine Corps Marathon.

**** you broken neck.
    Last edited by Cassius; 1/04/2012 8:06am at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice Cassius. And Props hitting up the MARCOR Marathon. I need to get into that one of these days, though I am getting into a Tough Mudder here in April.

Way back in HS, my buddy broke his neck during a wrestling meet. A few months later we we placed third at state in track. Definitely cool to see people bounce back from those types of injuries. We actually just had a newer female student fracture her 3rd and 4th vertebrae, hopefully she has a good comeback as well.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I came down with Glandular Fever/Mono a little before Christmas; I had been advised not to exercise for awhile, and certainly no contact sports. Sparring is out of the question, but I've come back for a bit of training after a month off. It was gut wrenching to see a year of hard work (6 training sessions a week, 3 at a boxing gym, and 3 out at a university boxing club, up from my previous 2 years of only 3 sessions a week) just go down the drain.

My goal is to start running: I generally have great sparring fitness, but I don't do any running. I also eat like a pig, which is usually balanced out by my training. Unfortunately, I had nothing to do over the past month; my footwork feels sluggish, and my punches lost a lot of their snap. ****. Truly, though... running is probably the only exercise I'm allowed to do right now (aside from jump rope; the only difference is that I actually like ropework, but roadwork can eat a dick), and it's high time I got into some sort of regular roadwork.

I refuse to go back to my regular gym until I can undo the damage from this month off.

EDIT: For clarification, both my spleen and my liver were in a bad state, hence the no sparring. The amount of core work expected at the end of training at my proper gym would kill me, and as such I don't want to be a shamble of my former self when I train.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Obesely View Post
    I came down with Glandular Fever/Mono a little before Christmas; I had been advised not to exercise for awhile, and certainly no contact sports. Sparring is out of the question, but I've come back for a bit of training after a month off. It was gut wrenching to see a year of hard work (6 training sessions a week, 3 at a boxing gym, and 3 out at a university boxing club, up from my previous 2 years of only 3 sessions a week) just go down the drain.

My goal is to start running: I generally have great sparring fitness, but I don't do any running. I also eat like a pig, which is usually balanced out by my training. Unfortunately, I had nothing to do over the past month; my footwork feels sluggish, and my punches lost a lot of their snap. ****. Truly, though... running is probably the only exercise I'm allowed to do right now (aside from jump rope; the only difference is that I actually like ropework, but roadwork can eat a dick), and it's high time I got into some sort of regular roadwork.

I refuse to go back to my regular gym until I can undo the damage from this month off.

EDIT: For clarification, both my spleen and my liver were in a bad state, hence the no sparring. The amount of core work expected at the end of training at my proper gym would kill me, and as such I don't want to be a shamble of my former self when I train.
    Once your comfortable running a bit, I would urge varying up to more than just hitting the road and left-right-lefting it for a few miles. Hills, and speed work offer greater physical returns and help make running less mind numbing. Good luck with your training.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sort out my back once and for all after pretty much 18 months of agony

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow reach level 11 in the BEEP test and not puke/faint/die immediately afterwards.

For the record- I managed to get to 9.4 last Sunday before I retched back out half my breakfast.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last