Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chemsoldier View Post
    ...and Medals of Honor and VCs are generally awarded because someone fucked up (generally not the recipient admittedly), it doesnt take away from what they did.
    Are you really trying to equate a soldier fighting for their country to a chump selling **** on craigslist?? Wow I mean really just fucking WOW.

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 11:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by christmas cash View Post
    From the video: "Trenker was to meet the suspects in a well-populated plaza, but realized when he got there that it was a quiet apartment complex."
    Right and he didn't turn around and leave, that's my point. I don't think it's right to nominate someone as a badass of the month for getting shot over their own stupidity. And as far as him plugging his bullet holes, that fact that he survived is as much luck related as that.

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 11:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by christmas cash View Post
    From the video: "Trenker was to meet the suspects in a well-populated plaza, but realized when he got there that it was a quiet apartment complex."
    Right and he didn't turn around and leave, that's my point. I don't think it's right to nominate someone as a badass of the month for getting shot over their own stupidity. And as far as him plugging his bullet holes, that fact that he survived is as much luck related as that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 11:58am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Are you really trying to equate a soldier fighting for their country to a chump selling **** on craigslist?? Wow I mean really just fucking WOW.
    No, I mean I am trying to equate two types of post incident perception. No one is saying "he is a badass I want to be like him. He did everything right" just saying, "Damn, Marine plugged his wounds with his fingers, that is hardcore."

But if you want to be that way, flame on brother! I'm gonna go get a cup of coffee and do something else for a while, have fun.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, wisdom isn't typically a requirement, lol. I think if you look at the majority of the BAotM, what they did probably seemed bat-**** crazy at the time but their badass-ness is what allowed them to still achieve their goal.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure if he qualifies for badass of the month or dumbass of the month. He went ALONE to conduct a sale through craigslist. Then he fucking chased the thieves ALONE. Both of those choices sound pretty retarded to me.
    Not that it was a great idea to go alone, but let's say his buddy was with him too. What's to stop both of them from getting shot?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vote dumbass - he took his kids with him, or so it seems:

"I knew I was shot," he said. "I just didn't know I was shot that many times. I put my fingers in the holes to stop the bleeding and ran back to the truck and told my kids I had been shot, but not to worry."

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Not that it was a great idea to go alone, but let's say his buddy was with him too. What's to stop both of them from getting shot?
    No going alone isn't what got him shot, chasing them down is what got him shot. Going alone and getting out of his car in an abandoned parking lot sure did increase the chance of a robbery. You see he made multiple bad choices not just one.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 12:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every thing I can equate with badass of the month, until he drove with his kids to chase people down over a gold chain.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we sure his kids were in the truck, and that he wasn't talking to them on a phone he'd left in his truck? It's kind of ambiguous. Seems like a guy who wouldn't let his wife go would probably realize it was a bad idea to bring the kids.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast