Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 6:44pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How long did you study silat, or did you just walk into a silat school and start tossing everyone off until you left?
    He arrives, does his thang then dissapears into the sunset.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 7:00pm

Style: yellow bamboo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna go start an argument with my wife then try it on her.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 7:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Original Title
    Critique this technique I "invented" for angry people in your face

Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109590
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109490

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 12:44am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boarddonthitbak View Post
    why do you think it couldn't work? you're basically turning the person around and choking him

he is not standing in a fighting stance, he's just standing up straight really close to you
    I don't think that you could easily turn a person around.

Most people don't like giving up their butt. It is built into our genes to protect our butt. There is an innate sense of "not my butt, you don't" which kicks into high gear when threatened. Especially if someone is trying to turn you around and expose your butt.

Think about it: would you simply give up your butt if someone grabbed your head/neck and spun you?

No, you wouldn't. You would protect your butt. Why? Because not doing so is going against instinct to protect our butts. The need to protect our butts goes back to the neanderthal era, when exposing butts would lead to bear attacks. Baring their butts to bears led to the propagation of genes that told people to "protect their butts".

Please excuse my English. It is my second language.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 3:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: fighting without fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How long did you study silat, or did you just walk into a silat school and start tossing everyone around until you left?
    Three years, but I concluded it would take a decade or two to master it so called it a day. I pretty much lost interest also because most of the students were nerds who had never been in a fight or even hard sparring boxing

the teacher was amazing, but since 99% of the time I was practicing with the students it didnt make sens

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 3:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    No, this won't work. His arms are flailing around right? So when you spin him around, his flailing hand is going to swing around with him and probably hit you the face.

You need to do something to make his hands go down by his side first. Ideally get them stuck in his pockets so that the don't get whipped out to the sides again by the centrifugal force of you spinning him around.
    you are very close to him and the arms grabbing his head sort of block anything

but once you are twisting his head he cannot punch only turn

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 3:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I will just have to try it out in real life. I will report back about it unless I get fatally injured

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 4:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you are very close to him and the arms grabbing his head sort of block anything

but once you are twisting his head he cannot punch only turn
    Yes but in blocking his arms you are also blocking him from turning. You're only going to get him to turn less than 90 degrees before this becomes an issue.

Now, if you ducked under, grabbed him by the love-handles and spun him around before popping back up to RNC him once he's turned right around, you might be on to something.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 4:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Yes but in blocking his arms you are also blocking him from turning. You're only going to get him to turn less than 90 degrees before this becomes an issue.

Now, if you ducked under, grabbed him by the love-handles and spun him around before popping back up to RNC him once he's turned right around, you might be on to something.
    Ha, interesting reply.

But I did google what people mean with "duck under" and it's basically from a point where both people try to get or have neck control, so they can "duck under" the controlling arm

but what about when they are not controlling you at all, where would you "duck under?"

youknow what I mean, they get real real close to you just standing and tell you they are going to put you in the trunk of their car, drive to the woods and kill you, not only that but also they will come after your family etc etc

yes this actually happens to me, crazy people talking the craziest **** and I always wonder what the hell do I do now, what is the logical thing to do

because they are so close that if you want to punch them you're going to have to take a step back or push them away first and take up a stronger position because you're just standing, can't punch from just standing position

it's pretty intimidating because of this, especially if they are taller and bigger, feels like whatever you would do wouldn't really work anyway

does anybody know this feel?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2011 5:30am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took it from some overly complicated technique, but think this part could actually work

so...

*a person is with his face very close to you, intimidating you, talking threats etc but without a real fighting stance, basically in heatbutt range with arms flailing

*this range is very annoying to me

*what about

*one hand in the face, one hand in the back of the head, sudden twisting movement to turn the person around, then rear naked choke

would this work?

I tried this on my BJJ trained friend, I told him stand in front of me and act like that

and I did it to him, asked him if it could actually work, he was pretty surprised and said it was a sweet move

what do you guys think about it?
    If you are in range for the headbutt I'd be more inclined to take that option.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast