Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 12:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you both for the answers. I have no grappling background except mandatory wrestling in school(in PE classes) and some techniques that the sifu showed in JKD, without any alive application. I am a little scared of BJJ since I think they will sweep the floor with me but I am willing to learn.

I will visit all three gyms. But Griphouse schedule looks very ideal for me as they have 15 Muay Thai classes a week, in addition to wrestling, boxing and of course BJJ.

Thanks again for the ideas. I will keep you posted on this.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 6:24pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishsoldier View Post
    Great write ups Can and I'm glad that you enjoyed a wee bit of Glasgow. You can find more of the Glasgow Boys at The Burrell Collection, the Hunterian Gallery and in Paisley if you're ever back up and taking in more the culture. I might visit Royce Gracie Scotland myself as I've just returned to Glasgow after a spell abroad and hoping to re-start training though I could well end up going back to GB!
    Thanks: yeah, I'm hoping to get back up there in the not-too-distant future. Scott has very kindly invited me up several times now to various seminars he's hosted, so I'd very much like to take him up on it. Ideally I'd fly to Edinburgh and check out the wealth of culture there too: it would also be great to meet and train with Rick Young, given his history with BJJ (IIRC, he's quite possibly the first Brit to ever train in BJJ, back in the '80s).

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I should have started a thread; I have one more wee question; what about Dynamo Sambo? Would anyone advise it?

(I have changed a lot of dojos in my life; usually because of the fact that they were mcdojos, the instructors not caring about the students, lack of adequate space in gym, the dojo actually being something like a religious cult that motivates the students with stories of the "grandmaster", RIP, not with ambition to do well in competition). , That is why I am so picky. I want to go to the gym and finally spend years in the same place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 11:38am

Style: JKD, MT, G.H Bagpipes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roku View Post
    Maybe I should have started a thread; I have one more wee question; what about Dynamo Sambo? Would anyone advise it?

(I have changed a lot of dojos in my life; usually because of the fact that they were mcdojos, the instructors not caring about the students, lack of adequate space in gym, the dojo actually being something like a religious cult that motivates the students with stories of the "grandmaster", RIP, not with ambition to do well in competition). , That is why I am so picky. I want to go to the gym and finally spend years in the same place.
    I'd give Vadims class a go as well if you are considering Sambo. He had a class at Gracie Barra not sure when it is, he also had a class near me in Royston which was very popular with the Polish MMA crowd again I'm not sure if that class is still going.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 2:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I have started Griphouse since I loved the atmosphere of the gym and it is 15 min walk from my house. It has been great so far. Facilities are great, the instruction and the people are great. Thanks for the suggestion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12