Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2011 9:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    I hit this sweep tonight - it was awesome to have something that the guys in class aren't familiar with. Thanks for the vid!
    You are very welcome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2011 5:29am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will try this when rolling tonight at class. Seems simple enough for me to pull off. Thank you for the video :)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you fully commit and attack the pendulum going back to the opposite side the foot on the hip may not be an issue.

I use this sweep as an option when I start to set-up a Pe De Pano Sweep which gets countered and I then attack the opposite direction with this sweep. Do to the fact that I am taking my foot off the hip to try and roll around to Pe De Pano I partially loose control of my opponents base when coming back to the Pendulum. In order to counter this gap I drop my left leg on my opponent's right knee to counter the leg post and effect the sweep.

The roll up with the hips high also puts you in a great position to hit a tight modified spider guard focusing on the arm as your foot is already on the hip and the arm post opens up the bicep to hit the modified spider from kneeling.

I'll see if I can get pics of vid to show what I am referring to. However, this set-up is AWESOME and can branch in to a large number of options when countered.

Thanks jasculs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12