Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 7:25pm

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightclubfreak7 View Post
    Does anyone use a vaporizer regularly? It seems to be much better for the lungs but I imagine it still causes some damage.
    I hope its not too late to ask santa...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 10:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm trying to point out you might just be making a bad choice to smoke regularly and exercise, regardless of the substance.
    This.

Also Marijuana has been linked to causing lack of motivation, which can hinder training. It's also notorious for causing people to eat less healthy, which can also hinder your training. These are all most likely on a case-to-case basis, but the truth is that even drinking alcohol can hinder your performance. If you plan to compete, i would recommend completely quitting for that reason, and also because you wouldn't want it to jeapordize your ability to compete, depending on the testing procedures of whatever you are competing in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2011 3:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think its a good idea to have thc etc in your system during fight training or the fight. As Kokikai90 mentioned, it affects motivation. Also it really dampens that drive and hunger a successfull fighter needs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2011 4:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Rebagliati

Would you all cosider THC 'performance enhancing'?

Quite aside from the physical effects on the body, what about the ethical quagmire of drug cheating?
    I seriously doubt there are any positive effects in a violent situation. It can be fun when sparring at an easy pace. Maybe it could enhance snowboarding abilities?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2011 6:34am

Style: Jhoon Rhee Tae-Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you plan to imbibe the afore mentioned plant matter( or any other mind altering substance) often, you very well may wish to train under it's effects just to get the feel for it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/26/2011 2:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    12/26/2011 9:55am

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokikai90 View Post
    Also Marijuana has been linked to causing lack of motivation,
    My recent reading would suggest that, Amotivational syndrome is something of a Myth
    Spoiler:
    8.7.3.4 Amotivational syndrome

This syndrome is used to describe people who show little interest in school, work or other goal-oriented activity as well as withdrawing from social activities (27). To date, there is no convincing evidence to show a causal relationship between marihuana use and such behavioural characteristics (27). Rather, it appears that this constellation of behaviours is the result of chronic cannabis intoxication; de-intoxication results in resolution of symptoms (364,467).

It's also notorious for causing people to eat less healthy,
    I very much doubt a causal link between smoking a doob and eating rubbish.
    These are all most likely on a case-to-case basis, but the truth is that even drinking alcohol can hinder your performance. If you plan to compete, i would recommend completely quitting for that reason, and also because you wouldn't want it to jeapordize your ability to compete, depending on the testing procedures of whatever you are competing in.
    Fair enough.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12