Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 9:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Funny, because you originally weren't asking about the sticky thread.
    So, if it has now changed wait it out.
    I had read the stickied thread, before posting that.

As you know the stickied thread does not answer my question, definitively.

Please stop being deliberately obtuse.

Answer my questions, if you don't feel able to answer them definitively please tell me to await the decisions of Cassius and Lord Skeletor.

You are being deliberately awkward and you know it.

If I am in the wrong and in breach of the terms of posting in the armoury, I will apologise to you and whoever else is concerned.

I merely ask to have those terms explained, clearly, to me, because I have not understood them.

If my political views are in contradiction with the terms of posting in the armoury I will stop posting there.

I just want to know what to post in the armoury without breaking the rules.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 9:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I had read the stickied thread, before posting that.

As you know the stickied thread does not answer my question, definitively.

Please stop being deliberately obtuse.

Answer my questions, if you don't feel able to answer them definitively please tell me to await the decisions of Cassius and Lord Skeletor.

You are being deliberately awkward and you know it.

If I am in the wrong and in breach of the terms of posting in the armoury, I will apologise to you and whoever else is concerned.

I merely ask to have those terms explained, clearly, to me, because I have not understood them.

If my political views are in contradiction with the terms of posting in the armoury I will stop posting there.

I just want to know what to post in the armoury without breaking the rules.

I moved it because it was a remembrance thread. I told you they culled remembrance threads. I heavily implied I could be wrong, it would definitely be discussed and it could be moved back. That would make me wrong for culling it and there would be no hard feelings because I was wrong.

Obtuse is you not understanding the original point, before it became snarky and your new "it is really about the ambiguity of the sticky not my posts being culled."

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 9:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously?

Don't try and backtrack around not answering my questions.

Enough of this.

Goodnight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 9:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously?

Don't try and backtrack around not answering my questions.

Enough of this.

Goodnight.
    Right after you stop moving the goal posts.

It was a cull from that specific thread not from the entire forum. As I said, you have not been culled from advancing your gun opinions anywhere else on this ENTIRE website except that one thread.
    Answered.

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About the whole gun debate your opinion is based in the assumption that a criminal wouldn't be able to find a way to kill without a gun. My question would be where do you draw the line on weapon banning?? I know your country took it as far as outlawing swords, since without guns that's what the population turned to for killing. What's next a 10 day waiting period on cricket bats?? Maybe they can even outlaw martial arts because it might cause a danger to the public. No before you ask I am not trolling nor am I pro gun, I'm just wondering where the line is drawn between safety and outright paranoia.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 10:13pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the straightforward response. All I would like is the answers to my questions, I don't care about where the controversial posts are now.

All I would like to know is how to behave in the Armoury in the future. I will await their responses.
    I missed that you posted the OP in the LEO remembrance thread. IIF was absolutely correct to cull your post out of that thread. Whether you perceive it that way or not, I interpret that as being disrespectful to the fallen LEOs.

If I had seen it first I would have immediately Trollshido'd your post and considered giving you an infraction.

None of that has anything to do with your right to start a gun control debate thread in the Armory. Therefore we'll wait for Cassius or Lord Skeletor. We don't like to step on each other's toes which is why IIF moved your post and reported it to make the other mods aware of it. He then encouraged you to do the same to expedite staff discussion.
    Shut the hell up and train.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 10:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My last word on the subject will be that if you allow a majority of the law abiding population to own guns, then the criminal population will be almost exclusively armed.

Also if every time a police officer interacts with a member of the public criminal or otherwise he knows they may be armed this completely changes the relationship between citizen and law enforcement.

As can be seen by the completely different measures necessary to ensure ordinary citizense don't get shot in the US in another thread in this forum and the, by comparison, blaze attitude of UK subjects to being stopped by their police force.

I'm not opposed to guns per se, but widespread gun ownership increase the likelihood that a policeman will be shot and killed in the line of duty.
    Most Americans would rather deal with these negatives than live their lives as neutered, passive drones in a nanny state.

What really amazes me is why some Europeans have such strong feelings on the subject. Gun ownership is deeply ingrained in American society. Why do you care?

The discussion is pointless anyway. Gun ownership isn't going away any time in the foreseeable future. Any attempt to outlaw guns here would be 100 times the fiasco prohibition was.

Anti-gun politicians in the federal government have essentially given up any real efforts to curb gun ownership. The last time they tried they got fucking scorched in the next round of elections. Now they're much less eager to stick their necks out on that issue.

In short - stop hating on our guns. Move along. Nothing to see here.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 11:40pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two things:

First, Bowling for Columbine already examined the myth that proliferation of guns in America is the source of American gun violence. Canadians were shown to love their guns as much as Americans, yet they don't share the violent crime rate.

The stronger case for American gun violence can be seen when you ask yourself why Americans buy so many guns in the first place: They live in fear, largely driven by the media, or they live in poverty, drenched in crime, or worse, they live in both. Violent crime in America is linked to poverty, not the number of guns in an area.

So when even left-wing Michael Moore says "guns aren't the problem, fear and poverty are the problem", take note.

Second, the Armory description clearly states the following and has for years:
    Please take your hippie gun control BS elsewhere.
    I'm an alleged moron, yet I understood that part fine.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/22/2011 11:44pm at .

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 8:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just checked and all of my guns are still in their places. As far as I can tell, none of them have been on a crime spree. I keep them locked up so they don't go out and shoot people. They seem like nice guns but I just like to be careful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 8:42am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a very interesting subject to me, one I can't completely come to a sound opinion on.
    I absolutely agree that fear and poverty are much larger issues as causes to crime and violent one at that.

Personally I love guns, I've worked with guns, taught shooting and carried an assault rifle literally to bed, with me for 3 years of my life. I'm a fan of the mechanical aspect, I like shooting, and I've owned many toy guns as a child.

Today, I don't own any guns. Mostly because it's practically impossible for an Israeli regular citizen to own one (various groups are allowed one gun, but that's a different story). In Israel, after Yitzhak Rabin was killed, they cracked down on gun ownership, making it practically impossible to own one.
    On the other hand, as any tourist here will tell you, it's incredible how many people you see walking down the street with assault rifles on their back, and no-one minds.

What's my point, I'm not sure, I'm very pro gun control, I don't think people need it, I've lived around guns, but I'm kind of glad that part of my life is sort of over. And I really don't want a gun in the house when I have kids. But that's my opinion.
    I also know guns are a big part of American culture, and are probably there for good.

But still, even with the rise of violent crime here, and the always existing chance of terrorism, I'd still rather not to carry. That could however just be because so many people carry them around me.

Guess I didn't really have a point. Mostly food for thought from a gun lover, that is pro gun control, but knows a thing or two about guns. So here are some IDF girls:
    Last edited by Gidi; 12/23/2011 8:48am at .
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast