Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 7:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gun Proliferation Debate

Its a shame so many people only doing their job and trying to serve their community have died.

It has to be said though and its going to piss a lot you Americans, off, but it needs to be said.

If you didn't have such widespread gun ownership, you wouldn't have anywhere near this amount of police officers being shot and killed.

You can talk about civil rights and the constitution as much as you want, but the families without their brave fathers this Christmas are fatherless, because of your gun laws.

A sobering thought as we all gather together with our loved ones in the next two weeks. Maybe spare a thought for your local police officer as he passes you on your daily business and the incredible dangers he faces getting up every morning just to go to work to feed and cloth his family.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Its a shame so many people only doing their job and trying to serve their community have died.

It has to be said though and its going to piss a lot you Americans, off, but it needs to be said.

If you didn't have such widespread gun ownership, you wouldn't have anywhere near this amount of police officers being shot and killed.

You can talk about civil rights and the constitution as much as you want, but the families without their brave fathers this Christmas are fatherless, because of your gun laws.

A sobering thought as we all gather together with our loved ones in the next two weeks. Maybe spare a thought for your local police officer as he passes you on your daily business and the incredible dangers he faces getting up every morning just to go to work to feed and cloth his family.
    i hardly think that it's the *legal* gun owners who are responsible for shooting officers in the line of duty. if you have stats to back that claim up, i would love to see them. there are far more illegal guns here than legal ones, especially in new york city.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 7:41pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a cop and I don't think that taking guns from our law abiding citizens is the answer. Even if it was...what do you suggest? A "sword huntesque" round-up of weapon confiscation?

No way.

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 7:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to derail a police officer memorial thread with a gun proliferation debate.

My last word on the subject will be that if you allow a majority of the law abiding population to own guns, then the criminal population will be almost exclusively armed.

Also if every time a police officer interacts with a member of the public criminal or otherwise he knows they may be armed this completely changes the relationship between citizen and law enforcement.

As can be seen by the completely different measures necessary to ensure ordinary citizense don't get shot in the US in another thread in this forum and the, by comparison, blaze attitude of UK subjects to being stopped by their police force.

I'm not opposed to guns per se, but widespread gun ownership increase the likelihood that a policeman will be shot and killed in the line of duty.

Its a sad fact, but true.

I won't post again and just let me opinion stand so that the thread can continue to commemorate those public servants who have given their lives in the line of duty and to continue the sympathy extended to those women and children left husband-less and father-less by the death of officers by gunfire when trying to protect the public.

PS.

If you really feel so strongly about this then PM me to continue the conversation.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105042

You knew it was going to cause a derail with your first post. Then you leave another response with "pm me."

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How else was I supposed to express my opinion?

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:21pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a pointless debate. Unless you suggest that we outlaw..confiscate..arrest and charge every US gunowner after we "outlaw" weapons where can this discussion go? This bell has been rung.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:22pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did, the link is in the thread. Now you have your own thread. You've expressed it in other threads that are still in that forum. Just not that thread and it has been culled repeatedly since it started. You aren't the first nor the last.

There is a report post button go ahead. We do have discussions and we all do not agree. If it is moved back, there are no hard feelings on my end. You aren't a **** poster most of the time.

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You did, the link is in the thread. Now you have your own thread. You've expressed it in other threads that are still in that forum. Just not that thread and it has been culled repeatedly since it started. You aren't the first nor the last.

There is a report post button go ahead. We do have discussions and we all do not agree. If it is moved back, there are no hard feelings on my end. You aren't a **** poster most of the time.
    I'd like to know whether or not I'm allowed to advance opinions that aren't pro gun ownership in the Armoury. If I'm not allowed to advance those opinions there I will stop posting in that forum.

Your advice on clarifying this issue is appreciated, no need for any reporting of anything.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 8:52pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a cull from that specific thread not from the entire forum. As I said, you have not been culled from advancing your gun opinions anywhere else on this ENTIRE website except that one thread.

I can't be any clearer. If that specific thread is so important, that none of the other culling anywhere else stops you from posting, I can't help you.

I have culled two threads. One was a military KIA remembrance thread and an officer remembrance thread.

Yes, I see what you tired to do.

I'd like to know whether or not I'm allowed to advance opinions that aren't pro gun ownership in the Armoury.
    There is a sticky at the top, you tell me.
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast