Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 8:40am

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bs Thai sparring vid. Instructor checks imaginary kicks?

Hey this might not be the right forum but I watched a vid on here where a "thai" gym (that was pure hilarious bullshido) had a sparring match in a small room? There were a few people watching and they were wearing headgear and karate gloves to spar with.

The thing i remember most is the one guy who was apparently the instructor kept lifting his front leg to check non-existing kicks.

could someone please point me to it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 8:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry i just found it (it was the shihan doug carducci one.)
    a mod can delete this thread if they would like. thanks

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 10:31am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    Hey this might not be the right forum but I watched a vid on here where a "thai" gym (that was pure hilarious bullshido) had a sparring match in a small room? There were a few people watching and they were wearing headgear and karate gloves to spar with.

The thing i remember most is the one guy who was apparently the instructor kept lifting his front leg to check non-existing kicks.

could someone please point me to it?
    Some people use it as a distracting technique. I use that sometimes. I don't even know what you mean by "imaginary".
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Some people use it as a distracting technique. I use that sometimes. I don't even know what you mean by "imaginary".
    The guy was flinching into a check before his opponent made any move. He was trying to anticipate a leg kick. It was pretty feeble, check the other thread. Looked like he was applying for The Ministry of Silly Walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Oh i agree entirely. I have even seen it used effectively as a - Check the kick- lift the leg- straighten it out to a sneaky push kick.

(i could not remember the title of the vid and was looking to watch it and laugh again but i have since found it. - the shihan doug carducci one)

I mean 'imaginary' because he gets leg/ body kicked about 20 times. and NEVER checks the kicks. instead when they are both standing there not moving he lifts his leg over and over and over almost ALWAYS followed by a hilarious JUMP into switch stance.