Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 10:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBowen View Post
    And no, I am not promoting my school which is why I failed to mention it in this post. This is a review of Khalid's and nothing more, i honestly feel I had to warn the public of this dangerous place. If you don't believe me, go there for yourself, I would love to hear from others who have been there so I can get a better understanding of why they teach that way.
    So you do have a school near the one in question. No, of course you are not promoting your own school. That would take effort. You would have to impart real skills to your students and they would have to distinguish themselves at competition. Easier to just knock on the other guy.

Posted On:
    12/20/2011 4:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all about personal preference. Any person who likes what they see at this studio will join. If they don't like it they won't join. Simple. If people want traditional they'll go with traditional. A smart prospective student will check out the classes first before joining.

I like that this place offers an open sparring class. It seems to show they are willing to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 6:05am

Style: Taekwondo, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you could be a bit more specific about what you perceive these "dangers" to be, that might help your case (or not). You need to bear in mind that there is a huge difference between a school that trains hard, and spars hard, and one that is just outright abusive. Martial arts is essentially the organized application of violence, you may get knocked on your a** occasionally. In my mind, that does not necessarily constitute bullying or disrespect, so if you could cite some examples, it would be much appreciated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2011 7:49pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno about MasterBowen and his reasons for dissing the place, but the Capeoria, break dancing, hip hop, ballet and dance classes that they offer make me think I would be unlikely to take their classes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2011 4:57am

Style: Taekwondo, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope we didn't scare Master B off, we were having a nice rational discourse. I was interested in hearing more about the evil dojang, I love this stuff.

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 6:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found the thread interesting. Simply because Mr. Bowen has been trying to harm Mr. Khallid's reputation since as far back as 1995 when I was living in Arizonia. I have met both men. I found Mr. Khallid to be warm and friendly who was open to conversation without feeling a need to upstage the conversation. I found Mr. Bowen to be terse, paranoid and somewhat sneeky in his business dealings. But that my friends is just my personal opinion and like assholes, everybody's got one. And I certainly met atleast one asshole while I was in Arizona.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12