Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 12:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Khalid's Tang Soo Do

Hello and greetings all my name is Mr. Bowen and i'm a Martial Arts instructor in Arizona. I don't normally do things like this and but after my experience with Khalid's Tang Soo Do school I felt it was my duty as an instructor to notify the public anyway I could.

As a true martial arts instructor I always promote character development and using words before resorting to violence and I feel others who don't only build bullies and promote aggressive and violent behavior. That being said I honestly feel that Khalid's Tang Soo Do is a dangerous environment for any child or adult to learn martial arts. My view of martial arts as always been the "proper" application of force and knowing when to use it, mind and body. A trained student who has the ability to kick another person in the head should know when and where to use that skill, without that they are only a successful bully. That is what Khalid's Tang Soo Do school teaches, how to be a good bully.

I am speaking from personal experience and after witnessing their extremely poor behavior would never recommend anyone to train there. They allow their instructors to loose control and blatantly assault other instructors and students in a violent display of misguided male dominance while screaming profanity. If I wanted to step into a MMA cage I would've but if your expecting morals and tradition like I was you'll be sorely mistaken. This place is not only dangerous for your children but a quick drive around and you'll soon see its also dangerous to just park your car there. The community is completely devoid of any martial arts school presence, and there is no visible sign that they are trying to improve it in any way.

I personally feel they should vastly change their ways or cease to teach altogether due to the negative impact they seem to have on their students and community. If you have any experience with Khalid's Tang Soo Do school please do not hesitate to speak up, I am curious to see if I was the only one treated this poorly.

I thank you for your time and hope you spread my message, schools like this are dangerous to our society and spread violent activity.

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 1:12am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at least it's only a TSD school without morals. If it were a muay thai or MMA school I'd be more concerned.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 3:52am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBowen View Post
    I thank you for your time and hope you spread my message, schools like this are dangerous to our society and spread violent activity.
    To be fair, martial arts are violent activities. Martial arts schools that don’t spread violent activity are called bankruptcies.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 7:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think involving violence and spreading/propagating violence is different. Besides that a school the treats ppl like **** will breed **** and def make **** for profit. I call this theory the three shits of MA business

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 10:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me guess, it would be better if people's kids trained in your school which is nearby. Amirite?

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Using violence appropriately is what makes all the difference, these kids are being programmed to use violence as a tool to get what they want. I would never want my kids to threaten to "knock me the ***out" because i made them do their homework, that's not how people should be raised.

And no, I am not promoting my school which is why I failed to mention it in this post. This is a review of Khalid's and nothing more, i honestly feel I had to warn the public of this dangerous place. If you don't believe me, go there for yourself, I would love to hear from others who have been there so I can get a better understanding of why they teach that way.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 11:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay so let me get this right, you are already an instructor and you just happened to visit and train at this TSD school?

Oh and go train MMA before you troll with the "traditional is better LOL MMA meatheads" garbage.

Edit:
    http://www.khalidsmartialarts.com/Classes.html
    **Each Friday from 6:30 - 8:00 is OPEN SPARRING night. Students from other schools are welcome join us as a guest for a $5 sparring fee**
    Interesting, they have an OPEN GYM POLICY. They invite other styles to come and spar. Well that is one more point than your whiny review. You went down there and got your ass beat didn't you?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/17/2011 11:26am at .

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 7:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting point of view but I fail to see how I in anyway said traditional was better than MMA, please learn to read before participating in grown up discussions.

My reasons for visiting are in no way relevant to the dangers I witnessed, if your in the mood to start a cyber fight because your mommy made you eat your veggies please keep it on youtube. I merely wanted to warn and discuss this establishment in an adult fashion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 7:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBowen View Post
    Interesting point of view but I fail to see how I in anyway said traditional was better than MMA, please learn to read before participating in grown up discussions.
    If you engaged in anything grown up you'd have a point. Now, where did I say you said anything of the sort? Yes, now we know you can't read.

Bringing up MMA and your prowess?
    If I wanted to step into a MMA cage I would've but if your expecting morals and tradition like I was you'll be sorely mistaken.
    Not grown up.

Insulting the community?
    This place is not only dangerous for your children but a quick drive around and you'll soon see its also dangerous to just park your car there. The community is completely devoid of any martial arts school presence, and there is no visible sign that they are trying to improve it in any way.
    Not grown up.

Telling people how to raise their kids?
    Using violence appropriately is what makes all the difference, these kids are being programmed to use violence as a tool to get what they want. I would never want my kids to threaten to "knock me the ***out" because i made them do their homework, that's not how people should be raised.
    Not grown up.

My reasons for visiting are in no way relevant to the dangers I witnessed, if your in the mood to start a cyber fight because your mommy made you eat your veggies please keep it on youtube. I merely wanted to warn and discuss this establishment in an adult fashion.
    By insulting the surrounding community, the instructors and calling yourself a master?

No, you wanted to talk **** and be a bully yourself. No, you are not acting grown up, nor are you looking for adult conversation.

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 12:55am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he'll (masterbowen) be around long, his cup is too full.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast