Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2011 10:41pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Boxing and Bullshido Threads

What's with Bullshido's obsession with over-the-hill, washed up boxers? There's better fights tonight. Amir Khan is fighting Lamont Peterson, and Seth Mitchell is stepping up to Timur Ibragimov.

Tomorrow, and even better fight happens. Giovani Segura is facing off against Brian Viloria.

**** this dubious fight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    honestly poet? nobody knows or cares who the **** those people are. call me when someone tysonesque gets in the ring and gives boxing somebody worth giving two fucks about. theres none at the moment.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 1:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    What's with Bullshido's obsession with over-the-hill, washed up boxers? There's better fights tonight. Amir Khan is fighting Lamont Peterson, and Seth Mitchell is stepping up to Timur Ibragimov.
    You're on a martial arts board. Boxing has taken a backseat in popularity for most of us here since the rise of MMA. Those washed up fighters get attention because they're the ones we were watching when we still had more than a passing interest in boxing.

I don't know who all those guys you mentioned are and the only reason I know any of them is that I have an awesome satellite TV package and eventually I watch all the Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire I have DVRd.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 12:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    honestly poet? nobody knows or cares who the **** those people are. call me when someone tysonesque gets in the ring and gives boxing somebody worth giving two fucks about. theres none at the moment.
    You wouldn't know if a Tysonesque fighter is around since you don't watch boxing.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 2:06am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually i do. if only to torture myself with how **** the sport has become. its kinda like how no matter what ill watch cro cop fight

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    actually i do. if only to torture myself with how **** the sport has become. its kinda like how no matter what ill watch cro cop fight
    I could talk all day about all the active fighters that are not only more talented than Mike Tyson, but more exciting. You probably wouldn't know who they are, though. Hell, it almost seems blasphemous here to say that Mike Tyson actually wasn't as good as many of you think.

It's hilarious, though, that an over-the-hill RJJ gets more attention on this forum than a whole host of fighters that, right now, are much better than him. And then, after you all watch a tired, over-the-hill RJJ -- you all come back to this forum to talk about how boxing is dying.

But go ahead. Keep believing that there is no one currently better than Mike Tyson was 25 years ago. Keep watching a punch drunk version of RJJ fight a club fighter for a joke belt. Keep talking about "how **** the sport has become" while beating the drum for the next James Toney fight.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 7:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does it irritate you so much that we don't like boxing as much as you? There are other forums where you can talk boxing all day with like minded boxing fans. You're like the harikrishna of the boxing world. Knocking on our doors when we're trying to eat dinner, spreading the word of your beloved sport and spouting propaganda we don't want to hear until we slam the door in your face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    Why does it irritate you so much that we don't like boxing as much as you? There are other forums where you can talk boxing all day with like minded boxing fans. You're like the harikrishna of the boxing world. Knocking on our doors when we're trying to eat dinner, spreading the word of your beloved sport and spouting propaganda we don't want to hear until we slam the door in your face.
    Did I create this thread? Did I bang the drum on this RJJ fight? No. I believe my exact words were:

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet
    **** this dubious fight.
    Would you guys have been happier if I recommended you watch UFC 140? That would have also been better than watching RJJ in his faded glory.

Because this was a boxing thread -- not started by me, mind you -- I thought it more pertinent to recommend better boxing fights that weekend.

But hey, if you don't want to hear how shitty this fight was, and how there were better fights that weekend, I suggest you not click a thread about boxing that was not created by me.

Now, if you don't mind me, I'm going to go eat my dinner.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 7:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    atomicpoet: I liked you more when you were posting threads of upcoming boxing matches... instead of crying so much.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 8:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Did I create this thread? Did I bang the drum on this RJJ fight? No. I believe my exact words were:

Would you guys have been happier if I recommended you watch UFC 140? That would have also been better than watching RJJ in his faded glory.

Because this was a boxing thread -- not started by me, mind you -- I thought it more pertinent to recommend better boxing fights that weekend.

But hey, if you don't want to hear how shitty this fight was, and how there were better fights that weekend, I suggest you not click a thread about boxing that was not created by me.

Now, if you don't mind me, I'm going to go eat my dinner.
    No, you wanted to convince us how great boxing is. Only in your mind are there current boxers as important as Mike Tyson. That's a joke. If there were, we'd know about them even if we didn't ever watch boxing. Everybody knew who Mike Tyson was. You're delusional with your "Mike Tyson wasn't as good as people think he was" babble. Tell that to the wake of bodies he left in his path.

I've had this lame argument with you before. I know, I know, there are important boxers now - they're just not important to Americans. But in a tiny village in Indonesia, so and so is the ****. Yeah, I get it.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast