Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 4:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    Technique did win. Diaz had the superior technique. He didn't win with his cardio. He won with his knuckles.
    How can technique that looks so wrong be so right?

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 4:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AO Brock was exactly the fight I wanted to see for 2 years and it happened pretty much exactly how I imagined & wanted it to go. I can't wait till Sergei & Barnett come over and run through most of the UFC's HW division too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 4:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu - Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lesnar might be back to pro wrestling. but we dont know what is he going to do.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 4:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    How can technique that looks so wrong be so right?
    Ask Chuck Liddell. For years people talked about how shitty his punching technique was. In my opinion, if people are criticizing punches that consistently put opponents to sleep they need to re-examine their criteria for "good technique".

Same thing with the Diaz brothers. People keep talking about their sloppy technique and they keep right on peppering the **** out of guys that are supposed to be better strikers.

Don't second guess success. Good technique may not always look like you expected it to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 4:38pm

Style: Shaolin Kenpo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta ask you guys, is Nam Phan really at the BJJ black belt level? I mean Yeah, Hettes is pretty much as they said, a sandbagging purple belt, but he does have the brown belt in Judo. But still, he just really amazed me with all that technical skill. Is it possible that Nam Phan is one of those black belts that are black belts at one aspect, and lower belts at other?

Or, was it the case of getting punched too much? I remember a quote from one of the Gracies saying "Punch a black belt in the face, they become a brown belt. Punch them again they become a purple belt."

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 4:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NO ONE View Post
    I gotta ask you guys, is Nam Phan really at the BJJ black belt level? I mean Yeah, Hettes is pretty much as they said, a sandbagging purple belt, but he does have the brown belt in Judo. But still, he just really amazed me with all that technical skill. Is it possible that Nam Phan is one of those black belts that are black belts at one aspect, and lower belts at other?

Or, was it the case of getting punched too much? I remember a quote from one of the Gracies saying "Punch a black belt in the face, they become a brown belt. Punch them again they become a purple belt."
    I agree he hasn't shown his grappling skill. I'm not sure what you mean by black belt at one aspect and lower belt at other aspects though.

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 6:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hettes executed a near perfect Judo in MMA gameplan.

Put them up against the cage, threaten with O uchi and Ko uchi then chuck them with the big technique when they try and get away from the cage.

Everyone else should take note.

I wanted to see Uberroids hit Lesnar a bit more before they stopped it, but apart from that it was good fun.

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 7:28am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main event went pretty much how i expected.

JDS will stand and bang with Overeem which is a bad bad idea.
    For that reason I think Cain will be the guy to give Overeem the most trouble.

Shame Cerrone lost, fucking hate Nate Diaz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 9:19am

Style: Shaolin Kenpo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I agree he hasn't shown his grappling skill. I'm not sure what you mean by black belt at one aspect and lower belt at other aspects though.
    I just mean that he seems like he's not quite at "black belt level", as Joe Rogan puts it a lot, at things like guard and transitions. Like he may have the knowledge, but his execution isn't on par.

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 9:31am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so I was set to stay in (and up) as it was scheduled from 11PM-2AM (rather than the usual 3AM-6AM) here in the UK.

Anyway, I just happened to pass by the Pub and popped in for just the 1 Pint of Guinness and home by Midnight, cos my desperation to kiss the pretty girls is far too obvious...

However despite looking at my watch and calculating how much of the Bill was left and how I could make the Lesnar-Overeem bout....I had a few more - and the Pub Landlord (who I've never met) handed me and others a Jagermeister. It seemed churlish to refuse...

So I missed it all. Ah well, it was a good night so I may eventually catch the re-run.

No, the girlies kept their distance. :-(
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast