Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was at a hockey game and only made it to the bar in time to watch the the last two fights.
    I think someone needs to tell Cerrone to keep his damn chin tilted downwards. He must have eaten about 20 straight rights and lefts before he finally started doing it. He's lucky he wasn't facing a heavy puncher or he would have been KTFO.
    I am glad Lesnar lost, very glad. He's on his way out now..after a performance like that he won't be taken seriously again.
    I'm not interested in making excuses for him, and I bet on Overeem taking this one. However, did anyone else wonder to themselves afterwards ' hmmmm...a kick that looked rather harmless puts him on his ass after he has major surgery removing half his intestines. Could there be a connection? Or was it just a damn good kick?
    In any event. Nice to see the arrogant Lesnar put in his place, again.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 12:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hot off the press:
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?...c_141-16159212

lol I left so quickly I didn't even hear him announce his retirement.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 12:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    Damn I def underestimated Nate Diaz. I thought technique was going to beat cardio for sure but I was wrong.
    Technique did win. Diaz had the superior technique. He didn't win with his cardio. He won with his knuckles.

The only thing that surprised me about the main event was how Overeem man handled Lesnar. Everyone knew he would outstrike Brock if he didn't get taken down. But he really shoved him around the cage and looked stronger than Brock. I'm sure some of that was Brock's tentativeness about getting hit, but it was still surprising.
    Last edited by Devil; 12/31/2011 12:56pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 12:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Lesnar-Mir 3, Carwin, Barnett... Not happy with his retirement, but it looks necessary. How much of the damage to his midsection was because of Overeem and how much from the operation?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 1:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. moroni View Post
    No Lesnar-Mir 3, Carwin, Barnett... Not happy with his retirement, but it looks necessary. How much of the damage to his midsection was because of Overeem and how much from the operation?
    Brock's a multimillionaire. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wouldn't have fought if he wasn't 100% ready. He doesn't need the money. Fighters have surgeries all the time and nobody questions if their losses are a result of the surgically repaired body parts.

So I say the damage to his midsection was 100% Overeem, 0% surgery.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He reacts the exact same way to punches to the head, so yea, I kind of agree with the above post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 2:45pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Marley's Ghost View Post
    ' hmmmm...a kick that looked rather harmless puts him on his ass after he has major surgery removing half his intestines. Could there be a connection? Or was it just a damn good kick?
    Liver shots always look harmless, for about a second. Then it's crumple-in-pain city.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 3:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing (G.G. Champ), Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good card. Sparring I took a left hook to the liver (boxing), and on another occasion caught a big toe from the tail end of a kick i was scootin' away from...both times the result was the same, all the hairs on my legs stood on end and tingled followed by 15 to 20 seconds of the most intense excruiciating nausea and gut ache I have ever felt. I was still and motionless unable to move either time. If u can perfect hooks and kicks to the liver do so, they suck! Lesnar should retire, he can't handle stand-up. Anywho Cerrone needs to keep the chin DOWN.

:)

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Marley's Ghost View Post
    did anyone else wonder to themselves afterwards ' hmmmm...a kick that looked rather harmless puts him on his ass after he has major surgery removing half his intestines.
    When the 263 odd pound kickboxing champion landed a perfect liver kick? I didn't need to wonder...I just yelled Leeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeer keeeeeeeeeeeeek. The other knees would likely have dropped him, if Lesnar was all surgery-soft.

Brock's instincts were, and are terrible. He's been given the biggest UFC pass in history. Oh, he was a great wrestler in college, oh WWE, oh he's such a freak of nature, oh he's too powerful. No one's fought anyone like him. etc etc. Brock couldn't manhandle the Reem. He couldn't catch his kick, or get the leg pick, or anything. He was the weaker man.

Lesnar and his team were saying pre-fight he'd never been in this good a' shape for fighting. He was finally ready to go. Overeem's knees don't need disease to cripple. They are their own wonder.

When Brock ate those first few knees, his whole world changed. The liver kick was icing on the already pulverized cake.

That was Overeem's 60-something fight. JDS and Cain are closer to Brock's level of experience in pro mma, than Overeem. I don't think either of them can handle him. Not Muir, not hardly anyone.

Barnett maybe, and possibly Fedor. These are the other Heavies with similar top tier experience, that aren't kinda shot IMO. It's not all about experience, but it helps with a guy like the Reem. There's no real margin for error.

At some point people should stop making excuses for Alistair's opponents, and recognize the power. Also, in the Werdum fight, Alistair landed almost all of the heavy blows. I think Bigfoot, Cormier, Barnett, Reem, Fedor, JDS, Cain...hell even Dan Henderson would beat the Lesnar. He doesn't like to get hit. Someone with heavy hands, who won't get autotackled would give Lesnar fits.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 3:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Liver shots always look harmless, for about a second. Then it's crumple-in-pain city.
    This is true..
    I mentioned earlier how Brock was quoted as saying ' Brock Lenar is the UFC. '. It is precisely that kind of arrogance that makes me revel in his defeat.
    Lesnar may be a huge draw, he may have made a ton of money for both himself and Dana White, hell, he may have drawn more people to the sport. But the UFC will continue to thrive without him and he is now destined to become a mere footnote in the pages of MMA history. His name will never be mentioned in the same breath as fighters like Gracie, Silva, GSP or Bas Rutten.
    Brock will be remembered as an oddity with no significant skillset who folded whenever the pressure became too much.
    Last edited by OZZ; 12/31/2011 4:12pm at .
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast