Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 9:53am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Not concerned about lovetaps, concerned about the titanic skullfuckers that JDS is likely to send his way. A K-1 champion has absolutely no business getting tagged that much by a BJJ player with one tenth his striking experience, strategy or not.

And I maintain that Overeem's strike defense is lacking for MMA - Kharitonov, who is good but not top-level, beat the **** out of him due to the aforementioned mental collapse. If JDS gets him wobbly, it will be over. Overeem is a quitter.
    Four years ago, in his second fight at Heavyweight, and something that we have not seen since. Even in the kickboxing matches that he lost, Overeem did not display that reaction to taking heavy hits. The bottom line is that JDS doesn't offer anything more than K-1 did.

Brock Lesnar, even though we were all pretty much certain how the fight would turn out, was still stylistically a nightmare for Overeem. JDS will be business as usual.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 9:54am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazzzuka View Post
    The cart was good. First time seeing
    Jimmy Hettes and I'm super impressed awesome sub and judo skill this kid has, he has a lot of potential
    Agreed. Those leg sweeps were unbelievably sweet. I really liked how he kept on coming even though he was very exhausted towards the end. Maybe he should do a cardio camp with the Diaz brothers next.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 9:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    No, they don't get scored the same way. It is just a typical strategy fir kickboxers because it takes a lot if energy to keep getting back up.
    Ah, thank you. Quite a shame, though, because that's obviously quite unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Overeem will beat JDS! Then he will remain the UFC champ until he gets a career ending injury.
    Quite probably, yes. He IS the best heavyweight in MMA, regardless of whether he wins against JDS, or not.

OMG, and now I go on to watch Fedor retire?!

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oha! Not quite! Bobby will be happy!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update 2012, this whole grappling & wrestling thing is now a past phase. The Pro Wrestling Gracie Illusion has been punctured. Everyone has figured out it can be 100% defended by bending your knees in the opposite direction. MMA is now back to full on Striking plus clinch work, as it should be.
    This seems like an odd time to post this considering the dominant performances the grapplers put on last night. Not only did Overeem destroy Lesnar with his submission grappling background (Thus confirming Ken Shamrock's assessment that he is, in fact, predominantly a grappler), but Nate Diaz (A jiu-jitsu fighter) also demolished Donald Cerrone (A Muay Thai fighter).

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu: Dominating the MMA landscape since 1932.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:19am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Not only did Overeem destroy Lesnar with his submission grappling background

but Nate Diaz (A jiu-jitsu fighter) also demolished Donald Cerrone (A Muay Thai fighter).
    Overeem destroyed Lesnar with kickboxing, not submissions or clinches.

There was no BJJ or ground fighting in the Diaz vs Cerrone fight. Diaz demolished Cerrone with boxing.

In summary, there was no BJJ in either fight.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or you just didn't watch the event, but your observations seem way off.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't get why Cerrone didnt try getting on Diaz each time he knocked him down, I mean the stand up wasn't working, he may as well tried to score some gnp after each sweep. Also first time I've seen a heavyweight mma fight ended with a body kick.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    Overeem destroyed Lesnar with kickboxing, not submissions or clinches.

There was no BJJ or ground fighting in the Diaz vs Cerrone fight. Diaz demolished Cerrone with boxing.

In summary, there was no BJJ in either fight.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or you just didn't watch the event, but your observations seem way off.
    I know you're new here, but try to keep up please.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and too bad we won't get Lesnar vs Mir 3 now. I was somewhat looking forward to that fight.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:59am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar looked like he wanted to throw up as soon as he walked out. Overeem was just trying to help him out.

Also, Cerrone looked flat-footed and tired from the start. This was what, his 5th fight in ten months? Figure a 6-8 week training camp for each, and I start to wonder if he was just overworked coming in. That's pretty much zero time to rest.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast