Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/22/2012 1:34am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i guess the question is, if my post doesn't contain a "fuckarse" or "cumdumpster" in it, does that mean you got a rise or not?

also, **** your mother.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/22/2012 11:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    Having tutored college athletes, I am still of the opinion that college and professional sports have nothing in common with each other and should GTFO of each others pants.

College football players all expect a free ride for 4 years and then ??? Half of them know they're not going to get picked up, but it is in the back of their undeveloped mind. For four (more*) years they get idolized and fawned and treated as gods on college and in certain bars. With their undeveloped because they never ever had to do any school work / learn to critically think or anything, they forget that they're not going to get picked up and in four years theyre broke and unemployable with a fake degree.

And the college made $$$$ of their back giving very little in return. Instead of helping these players prepare for their future with an education, they make the education so unnecessary for these 'stars' that they might as well ignore the going to college part altogether, passing them through classes that they couldn't in any real fashion, pass. Colleges down right forget their part of the deal, to be honest in educating their players.

Not all players happen out this way, but when I tutored I had at least a dozen players like this, who weren't going to make it and who couldn't even read a basic sentence to save their life.

*They had the same treatment in High school, so another 4 years of not learning, but apparently, all the kids going to high school waste their time for 4 years in the USA. . .
    I completely agree with your assessment of how college athletes are treated. It's a little sickening actually. I had a class in college with a guy who's now an elite QB in the NFL. I saw him twice the whole semester. His tutor came to class the rest of the time.

They should make these fucking kids earn their grades. They're not doing them any favors by giving them an easy ride.

I don't think they should pay them though. Broke and unemployable is where they would've ended up anyway because a lot of them are dumbasses. At least they got four years of awesome fun on the school's dime out of the deal. I have a very hard time feeling sorry for them, especially when smarter kids don't get into the same school because they don't run as fast.

:)

Posted On:
    1/22/2012 11:53am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I don't think they should pay them though. Broke and unemployable is where they would've ended up anyway because a lot of them are dumbasses. At least they got four years of awesome fun on the school's dime out of the deal. I have a very hard time feeling sorry for them, especially when smarter kids don't get into the same school because they don't run as fast.
    My thinking is, let them earn, while they are at (what is for many of them) their peak, and doing something that does generate a huge amount of money, only for other entities at the moment. They drive a multi billion dollar industry. All they can get is some booster love on the side? It doesn't seem right.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/22/2012 12:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    My thinking is, let them earn, while they are at (what is for many of them) their peak, and doing something that does generate a huge amount of money, only for other entities at the moment. They drive a multi billion dollar industry. All they can get is some booster love on the side? It doesn't seem right.
    I hear you, but I don't think they drive a multi billion dollar industry at all. I think a handful of spectacular athletes draw a ton of interest and they're the ones who do end up making millions as a pro. The other guys could be anyone.

In fact, I think college athletics would be just as big if the quality of athlete was much lower. A lot of it amounts to school pride and people wanting someone to pull for and something to do with their time. Let's face it, college football is pretty **** anyway. Sloppy plays, constant dropped balls, missed tackles. It sucks.

People would pack the stadiums even if every team was made up of walk-ons who were actual students who really earned their way into school, as long as the playing field was level.

:)

Posted On:
    1/26/2012 2:05am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people would still go, I'm not sure they'd pack them out, the same way though.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324