Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 11:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soccer is cultured?
    I've always associated it with screaming mobs of British thugs or Brazilian favela dwellers setting things on fire and hitting one another with weaponized street detritus to celebrate a win or protest a loss, and thanked Heaven for the relative classiness of NFL and WWF fans here in America.

Posted On:
    1/19/2012 5:29pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    possible exception of roy nelson. his only drug is the hamburger
    ...aahhhh, the days when James Toney made MW by having sacrifice his Whopper..

:)

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 2:01am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I would, in fact, be surprised if people like Fedor....did not use them.
    Fedor? That's like saying Bob Dylan's early works used autotune on the vox. He has the Banya, what more could he need?

I don't hold such a low opinion of fighters to think that they all lack principles, and want to cheat. The strength of character necessary to attain and maintain top tier in anything, is often unsurprisingly accompanied by discipline and willpower.

Not everyone wants to cheat. Many of these men and women in upper level athletics are proper sportsmen/women and don't want to cheat. Do many? Yes, but I'd personally be hesitant to throw those sorts of accusations around unless they storm out of interviews upon mention of the word steroids (Brock).

Since the reeming of Brock, two prominent fighters have tested positive, that I know of. King Mo, and Cyborg. We can say with near certainty, that yes...they did.

It led the UFC to announce they'd from now on, be testing anyone prior to signing w/ Strikeforce or the UFC.

My two dreams-come-true for mma would be thorough PED testing (Shell out some bucks Zuffa, you got it), and weigh ins the day before, and right before the fight, so you fight where you cut to...if you're going to use that advantage.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 1/20/2012 2:03am at . Reason: spoiled through insobriety [/wrong]

On hiatus

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Soccer is cultured?
    I've always associated it with screaming mobs of British thugs or Brazilian favela dwellers setting things on fire and hitting one another with weaponized street detritus to celebrate a win or protest a loss, and thanked Heaven for the relative classiness of NFL and WWF fans here in America.
    Exactly. Have you ever seen a pack of soccer fans? Goddamn drunken, raging baboons.

It's horrible I tell ya.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unlike most, I've met Overeem in person. He showed up at a rally to support the legalization of MMA in NY state.

I'm not going to speculate on his chemical intake, but he's rather unassuming with regards to his bulk. The TV really does distort the body by adding more weight to the viewer's perception.

Regardless, fans speculating on steroid use/abuse is stupid. Chemicals don't really help with a key fighting attribute: you still need the timing to make contact.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 1/20/2012 8:46am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 8:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soccer is cultured?
    Interestingly, out of all the sporting events I've attended the WWE crowd has probably been the best.

I've nearly had to kill a ************ at a college basketball game because my wife was wearing the wrong team's shirt. And see what kind of reception you get wearing an opposing team's jersey at say, a Philadelphia Eagles game. Then add in the tailgaters at most events that get drunk and turn into assholes.

The WWE is associated with toothless hillbillies but I've found the crowds to be friendly. Most people bring kids and nobody gets pissed because you're wearing the wrong t-shirt.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 9:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Preacher friend of mine says that instead of having religious wars of the Sunni-Shia variety America has football. On that note, if you should ever be employed by the Louisiana department of corrections, don't walk around your workplace making elephant noises the day after LSU loses to Alabama.

Bobby:
    Dylan was in desperate need of something to help him. Man was a great song writer, but had the worst singing voice ever. And this is coming from a fan of Willie "my entire vocal range is projected through my nasal cavity " Nelson.

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 12:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bobby:
    Dylan was in desperate need of something to help him. Man was a great song writer, but had the worst singing voice ever. And this is coming from a fan of Willie "my entire vocal range is projected through my nasal cavity " Nelson.
    Dylan is someone who had/has something to say, in spite of the lack of a potent delivery system (singing voice). Not the worst singer ever though, not by a long shot, just the most brilliant to have that lack of vox chops.

SEC Football is the real str33t. Alabama/Auburn makes Yankees/Redsox seem tame, and uninspired (although still more violent). My folks neighbors..the hubby likes Auburn, and the wife is an Alabama fan. Awkward! Last time I was there I misunderstood the family dynamic and yelled Rooooooll tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide to the husband prior to the big matchup.

With the huge industry that is College Football, those young men should absolutely be getting paid to play, instead of all this boosters bullshit, that gets the schools in trouble.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 12:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    With the huge industry that is College Football, those young men should absolutely be getting paid to play, instead of all this boosters bullshit, that gets the schools in trouble.
    I disagree. They get a free education and their tutors go to their classes and do all their homework for them. So basically they get a free education and a free pass on their classes. They also get accepted to universities they aren't academically qualified for.

The ones who are pro caliber players get to advertise their skills to the NFL on a weekly basis for free. The ones who aren't pro caliber players get to have a ton of fun and travel the country on the school's dime.

So I say no to pay for college athletes.

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 12:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a huge scam. Of all the college players who help propel that multi-billion dollar industry, how many get money in the pros after? They're being ridden, by the schools. They often get stuff anyway from boosters, but it should be aboveboard.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...using-steroids
    Jackson said Lawal got what he deserved.
    "Man, he talks a big game and he's calling people bums and everything, it's just karma. Look at him, he's a very cocky individual,"
    "King Mo" has since denied that he has ever used steroids to enhance his performance and is looking to appeal the steroid allegations.
    Jackson and Lawal have been bitter rivals for years, issuing challenges to one another, but nothing has ever materialized. As of this point, Jackson would no longer have an interest in facing Lawal and he doesn't believe any fighter is a true professional with the use of steroids or performance enhancing drugs.
    "I feel like any fighter that has to use steroids to go in a cage and fight somebody is not a true fighter,"