Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 11:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as I saw the Cowboy cussing and flipping birds I figured he was in trouble. Nick and Nate love to drag guys down to their level and beat them with experience.
    What the heck, Super Coach? For someone so focused on the mental and philosophical aspect of fighting, his guy let Nate move into his head and bring the whole 209 with him.
    "Donald, the eagle is quick to anger and sees far, but the humble owl pierces the darkness with its gaze and rotates its head 360 degrees so no one can sneak up on it."
    I'm a barely literate Mississippian and I came up with that, so Greg has no excuse.
    P.S.
    Mr. Jackson, turn your hat around the right way. A man over 30 wearing a baseball hat backwards is just sad.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 11:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for Mr. Demolition Man, as soon as I saw Brock start throwing leg kicks I covered my face with my hands. This fight didn't answer any of the questions about Alistar's wrestling and submission skills, it only proved he is a better kickboxer than Brock. Who knew?
    For all the Over The Top hype surrounding Overeem, Brock did draw First Blood with what appeared to be the draft from the haymakers he winged past the Dutchman's face. If Alistair continues to use the tactics from big gloves K-1 in little gloves MMA he could wind up in a Rocky situation.
    And I still have trouble seeing a light heavy weight who was knocked cold by Chuck Liddell and is not named Couture as a legitimate heavyweight.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 11:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    He is a one dimensional fighter and very good at the 1 dimension.

He took Cain and Couture down who had way better wrestling than Overeem and he wasn't afraid to punch Heath Herring who had way more striking skill than he did.

You can't just say having 13 inches of intestine removed is a non factor.

If it's an excuse it's a very legit excuse
    Cain outwrestled Lesnar. Lesnar took Cain down for a millisecond and couldn't keep him there. Then he tried another takedown and Cain bounced off the mat like someone was pulling his puppet strings. Then Cain took Lesnar down and held him there while he beat the **** out of him.

I think it's weak to use the surgery as an excuse. Maybe Mir would have crushed Lesnar in their second fight if he hadn't been in a motorcycle wreck. See how lame that kind of talk is?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:10pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    For all the Over The Top hype surrounding Overeem, Brock did draw First Blood with what appeared to be the draft from the haymakers he winged past the Dutchman's face. If Alistair continues to use the tactics from big gloves K-1 in little gloves MMA he could wind up in a Rocky situation.
    Using those tactics against Brock and Werdum (where he also neglected defense in the standup) is one thing; his standup game against JDS will be different. If Brock hadn't cut him, Overeem might have taken an even more measured approach to the fight, as in the post-fight conference he admitted that the cut blinded him in one eye so he knew he had to finish the fight quickly to avoid the chance of a medical stoppage.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of the cut - I had the fight DVRd and watched it several times and couldn't determine what caused the cut. I know which exchange caused the cut but I couldn't tell exactly what happened.

Brock threw a punch and went for a takedown. I think they may have butted heads but I couldn't tell for sure. I didn't watch the post-fight press conference. Did he say what cut him?

Just curious.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Comments from dos Santos, who talked to Lesnar right after the fight:

"I thought Brock would move forwards, I hoped more of him. But he told me on the octagon he felt the knees and kicks of Overeem and that he thought he broke his rib. I saw it and it was really red. He told me the last couple destabilized him, and then he wished me good luck on this title defense and that was it."

So, ribs not guts.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    Cain outwrestled Lesnar. Lesnar took Cain down for a millisecond and couldn't keep him there. Then he tried another takedown and Cain bounced off the mat like someone was pulling his puppet strings. Then Cain took Lesnar down and held him there while he beat the **** out of him.

I think it's weak to use the surgery as an excuse. Maybe Mir would have crushed Lesnar in their second fight if he hadn't been in a motorcycle wreck. See how lame that kind of talk is?
    Lesnar took Cain down and then when to side control to try a triangle like he did against Carwin and Cain popped right up.

Had Brock stayed in guard or tried to lock him down in half guard and grind and ground and pound I think he would have kept Cain there.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post

Mir looked like **** in his first few fights back and didn't have to face top competition right away.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar took Cain down and then when to side control to try a triangle like he did against Carwin and Cain popped right up.

Had Brock stayed in guard or tried to lock him down in half guard and grind and ground and pound I think he would have kept Cain there.
    So we agree then. Cain outwrestled Brock.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 12:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mir looked like **** in his first few fights back and didn't have to face top competition right away.
    He shouldn't use surgeries as an excuse either. All fighters get injured. All fighters have surgeries. It's part of the game and it goes with the territory. You come back when you're better and if you lose it's because the other man was a better fighter, not because you had surgery.

They don't put asterisks beside wins and losses on a fighter's record when they had a recent injury.
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast