Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying you think he faked the sample, for his test(s), or that the delay allowed him to pass?

EDIT: I agree Cain would likely fair better against Alistair, but I don't think he will win. Heavyweight fights are hard to predict sometimes, especially with a bunch of guys that are on fire...but I'm not certain JDS or Cain have proven their versatility in the way Overeem has. He can take them into places, they haven't been, and he can draw from a wealth of experience, in top level competition (not as a HW, but in his fight career).

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    his mandatory drug test was returned 3 weeks late. and it was the wrong one. TBH, the fact that he was even allowed to fight was an appalling decision. 3 weeks is enough time to flush certain enhancers from the system. his excuses were basically horseshit, these guys have the testing method rammed down their throats, just like olympic athletes, and anyway ignorance is never an excuse. i dont think there is any doubt that he purposefully dragged his feet on this.

dont get me wrong, i dont give a flying **** that he juices. at that level of competition, it'd be harder finding someone who DOESN'T. that the testing methods barely manage to keep up with the drugs is a miracle (and in a lot of cases they don't anyway), but honestly as soon as money is involved in a sport in any meaningful amount, performance enhancing is soon to follow. its ridiculous to think otherwise.

im more pissed at the nevada athletic commision for being such pussies over it. you can bet dollars to doughnuts if it was some small time fighter who decided that his random mandatory drug test could wait a few weeks he would have been raked over the coals.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 1:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    which begs the question of why the **** it wasnt reem vs cain for the contender shot.
    Because they were keeping up the facade that Brock was at the top, rather than having been exposed, as not that very good for his overwhelming size and physical power.
    still though, it got brock out of the ufc, so thats a good thing.
    Damn right. it's not that I resent crossover fighters. I'm a big Hershel Walker fan, and others. I just didn't like his temperament or demeanor.

Coors light really? Lay on your wife? God bless you god? Get the **** back to fake wrestling, you dippy redneck. I'm honored that I got to see such a smack laid on that windbag, in my favorite sport, in my lifetime. Fedor won too, it was a good closeout to the year, for my tiny mind.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i guess they had to milk him for one last fight. high level of satisfaction watching him cower in fear and get liver kicked to the ground.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 1:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Because they were keeping up the facade that Brock was at the top, rather than having been exposed, as not that very good for his overwhelming size and physical power.

Damn right. it's not that I resent crossover fighters. I'm a big Hershel Walker fan, and others. I just didn't like his temperament or demeanor.

Coors light really? Lay on your wife? God bless you god? Get the **** back to fake wrestling, you dippy redneck. I'm honored that I got to see such a smack laid on that windbag, in my favorite sport, in my lifetime. Fedor won too, it was a good closeout to the year, for my tiny mind.
    I don't think Brock was exposed as much as showing you can't fight at that level after 2 bouts of diverticulitis.

Had Brock shot in like he had against Cain and Overeem stuffed his shot or gottern back up or knocked him out he would have been exposed.

This version of Brock just pawed the air threw a weak leg kick, went for a shitty single and looked like he didn't want to be there.

Again not saying Overeem couldn't beat 2009 Brock but this version was a pale shadow.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 2:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock was always a pale shadow of his hype.

He's a big tough guy, but he had serious lbs on most, if not all of his opponents. Carwin was close, and had him in trouble, until gassing. Cain schooled him, even as the lighter man, and Reem was within 20 lbs of his fight weight, and destroyed him.

He wasn't trained well enough to defend the knees, or to take down a man with an even bigger frame than his, who'd been kicking asses as a pro before he was pretending to fight people in WWE.

If he'd charged, it would have been so much worse. They were training for that, Alistair said.

After kickboxing Badr Hari, I suspect it's like pitty patty to him, in a relative sense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 8:51am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Hettes executed a near perfect Judo in MMA gameplan.

Put them up against the cage, threaten with O uchi and Ko uchi then chuck them with the big technique when they try and get away from the cage.

Everyone else should take note.

I wanted to see Uberroids hit Lesnar a bit more before they stopped it, but apart from that it was good fun.
    I agree with everything you said. Now all we need is for Rogan to learn the names of the throws rather than just calling everything "judo Throw" or "Judo toss"

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 9:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    I don't think Brock was exposed as much as showing you can't fight at that level after 2 bouts of diverticulitis.

Had Brock shot in like he had against Cain and Overeem stuffed his shot or gottern back up or knocked him out he would have been exposed.

This version of Brock just pawed the air threw a weak leg kick, went for a shitty single and looked like he didn't want to be there.

Again not saying Overeem couldn't beat 2009 Brock but this version was a pale shadow.
    I completely disagree. I think blaming his suck factor on diverticulitis is just the easy way out.

I think the truth is he's a fighter with a very one dimensional skill set. He always has been, but it took a few fights for guys to figure it out and nullify his strength.

One reason he had success with his takedowns early on is that guys were also scared of his hands. Remember all the talk about lunchbox size fists? It gave guys something to think about. Add to that the fact that he dropped Randy and Heath Herring with punches.

Then came the Carwin fight. When he turned and ran like a girl, light switches were flipped in the heads of every other UFC heavyweight. They found his weakness and it's a big one. I honestly think most other heavyweights in the UFC could beat him now. I think Mir would beat him down if they fought again and I don't think it would have anything to do with diverticulitis.

His tentativeness with the takedown wasn't a result of physical weakness. It was the result of not wanting to get punched in the face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 10:00am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Carwin fight broke Lesnar's own sense of invincibility. Sure, he had lost to Mir before, but it because he got caught in a kneebar and he later avenged that. Carwin just beat on him for the duration of his gas tank, and I'm sure Lesnar knew that he won by the grace of Carwin's lack of stamina. Cue the loss to Cain, and now Overeem. In the Overeem fight, he looked defeated before it even started.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 11:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I completely disagree. I think blaming his suck factor on diverticulitis is just the easy way out.

I think the truth is he's a fighter with a very one dimensional skill set. He always has been, but it took a few fights for guys to figure it out and nullify his strength.

One reason he had success with his takedowns early on is that guys were also scared of his hands. Remember all the talk about lunchbox size fists? It gave guys something to think about. Add to that the fact that he dropped Randy and Heath Herring with punches.

Then came the Carwin fight. When he turned and ran like a girl, light switches were flipped in the heads of every other UFC heavyweight. They found his weakness and it's a big one. I honestly think most other heavyweights in the UFC could beat him now. I think Mir would beat him down if they fought again and I don't think it would have anything to do with diverticulitis.

His tentativeness with the takedown wasn't a result of physical weakness. It was the result of not wanting to get punched in the face.
    He is a one dimensional fighter and very good at the 1 dimension.

He took Cain and Couture down who had way better wrestling than Overeem and he wasn't afraid to punch Heath Herring who had way more striking skill than he did.

You can't just say having 13 inches of intestine removed is a non factor.

If it's an excuse it's a very legit excuse
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast