Posted On:
    1/01/2012 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^ Spoken like a true Englishman^^
    God bless Eddie, and Happy New Year

The opposite was true in my case, I ended up out at the pub when I wasn't supposed to and got to see a couple of the fights.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post

Can the giant Dutchman get some love now? He smash pummeled a guy his size, passed his PED test(s), and will quite possibly be a slight favorite against the current champion.
    is that really what you got from him ducking a drug test for 3 weeks? really? were you born stupid or is it something you had to work on?

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 6:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He got away with it this fight, but in future overeems physique will look like someone from the wwe roster after they clamped down on roids i.e. a half inflated rubber dingy.

:)

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 7:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, cos 6'4" guys usually walk around at 205. Not that he was unnaturally staying rake-like to stay at LHW, I guess.

Didn't he just pass that test?

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 6:29am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 6'5 and 256lbs Overeems not actually THAT huge.

Shane Carwin 6'2 260lbs.
    Cain Velasquez 6'1 249 lbs.
    Brock is of course 6'2 and has to cut to make 265lbs.
    Antonio Silva 6'4 265 lbs.
    Frank Mir 6'3 has also shot up in size he's regularly weighing in over 260lbs.

Considering his frame, far too much is made of his weight.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 1/02/2012 6:34am at .

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 9:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While i agree, AO's official weigh-in was 263.
    Not sure what he's walking around at.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 9:42am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he cut, it wasn't a very large cut--otherwise he wouldn't have overshot it and weighed in wearing jeans. I doubt he was above 270, if that.

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 9:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No doubt, although i'm pretty sure he used to cut 25 lbs or so back in his Pride lhw days.

:)

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    If he cut, it wasn't a very large cut--otherwise he wouldn't have overshot it and weighed in wearing jeans. I doubt he was above 270, if that.
    He was asked after, what he weighed fight time. He said a little less than weigh in, cos he wasn't wearing his jeans.

He's gotten big, but doesn't need to cut to weigh 265. Probably another reason he smashes people, he's at his fully hydrated weight, in addition to being a badass dude.

JDS is going to do better than Brock, I imagine, but how will he deal with the uber-knees? With 19 subs, Overeem has many ways to finish a guy. Survive the hands/knees/shins, there's guillotines, and other nastiness.

Unless JDS can take down and keep down Overeem, which Werdum couldn't, Brock couldn't, Rogers couldn't (no one lately has), he's aiming for a puncher's chance.

I think clinch and knee KO in the late 1st, or early 2nd.

p.s. lol Brock's wrestling was going to be too much, and Overeem'd never faced such a beast. He mauled him. Beat the guy into retirement. Scrubbed him so badly, he knew he'd never be treated with the same fear, and quit.

The best thing Lesnar brought to the UFC was PPV draw. Beyond that, he did well for a no0b, but not well in an absolute sense. If you add the weight cut back on, he was basically the bigger guy by a good few lbs in every one of his fights. So he's an elite athlete, outweighing his opponents (with actual muscle), and ends his run at 5-3. Not to mention, two of them (Herring and Min Soo Kim) aren't exactly the top tier at this point.

Overeem is, what they were making Brock out to be. A freak of nature, who's too powerful for most opponents. Dangerous standing, and dangerous on the ground (if anyone can get him to it, for any length of time or if he decides to follow them down there, after he throws them).
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 1/02/2012 11:28pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/02/2012 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no doubt. i actually think JDS is a bad matchup for overreem, i dont think JDS striking is as fantastic as some people seem to think. I reckon Cain would have a better shot vs Reem than JDS. which begs the question of why the **** it wasnt reem vs cain for the contender shot. still though, it got brock out of the ufc, so thats a good thing.

The Reems biggest challenge, imo, is gonna be continuing to get around the testing. hes not used to it, and he came fucking close to getting busted in this fight. if he is gonna stay in the ufc, he cant just fight in areas without drug testing.

is it a weird thing to say that the biggest part of his game he needs to brush up on is avoiding being pinged on a PED test?
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast