Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 9:22am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

GIT problems

What do you guys eat? I eat mostly rice, chicken, eggs, hotdogs(or frankenfurters, wth you call'em) and pork.

These days, I normally eat around 2500-3000 calories(half a year ago, I only ate 1500-2000 calories). These days, I get stomach problems ALOT. What do you guys eat that makes all that food be digestible?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything you listed is very acidic in nature. You need to start eating more raw fruits and vegetables and taking in whole grain rice, and whole grains. Extra fiber in your diet will help to decrease GI problems. You can also try taking 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times daily with meals (i recommend bragg's apple cider vinegar), this will help your digestion and help promote an alkaline environment in your body. Brown rice, chicken, and eggs are all pretty good for you, but NEVER eat hotdogs, they are really bad, I never eat pork either. Feel free to check out my blog for some tips on healthy eating, just click on the nutrition/health tabs for more info.

http://everystepblog.blogspot.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 10:57am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rice, chicken and eggs are good. Frankfurters not so good (lots of salt, nitrates and bad fats). Add lots of fruit and vegetables - aim for as many colours on your plate as possible. Add some oily fish too.
    The number of calories that you eat only really means something when put beside the amount of calories that you burn. At the moment I train 4 days per week and run every other day. I eat about 5 meals per day and keep my intake at about 3500 calories per day (I'm well over 6ft but very lean). Eg, if I eat 4000 per day I start putting on body fat unless I hit the weights and if I only eat 3,000 I start to lose weight and muscle. Based on my current lifestyle which is not too hectic 3,500 keeps me in equilibrium.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 5:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^
    I'm upping the carbs because I don't seem to be gaining any muscle. A few months ago, my arm started looking freaky. I could start to distungiush all the muscle groups on my forearm because of how little fat I had. That can't have been healthy

Fruits and vegetables? Got it. Would yellow tea help?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 6:52am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being able to see all the muscle types and separations is no bad thing, just means your body fat levels are around the 10% level. I wouldn't get too hung up on calorie counting and weighing portion sizes. Just call a portion of something the amount that you can fit into a good sized cup. If you want to increase weight then try upping your number of meals and portion sizes to a cup and a half of carbs eg brown rice/oatmeal/pasta/potato etc. Measure your body fat levels now, make a food diary and an exercise log - that's really the only way to keep on top of things and get a reasonably empirical idea of how your body responds to exercise and diet. If you have an iphone or android you can get an app for tracking all of this which is real handy.
    Not sure about yellow tea, I drink lots of green tea myself which is a good natural thermogenic rich in antioxidants and flavanoids. Don't forget to drink lots of water too, you can increase your weight simply by maintaining adequate hydration.
    Last edited by Prince Vlad; 12/14/2011 6:56am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far the only change I've made in my diet is: chewing my food really well, drinking yakult(a probiotic milk drink with L. shirota), distributing my food into 4-5 mealrs rather than 3 and drinking more water. Its helping but I could use a few more changes to my diet.

On another note,

Why is it that nobody ever tells you that there are negatives about being healty? You start to sweat at the slightest physical exertion because your body thinks its go time. Doing things that didn't used to hurt you now do. Sitting for 4 hours in a videogaming spree? Now that you have bigger leg muscles, they will hurt more intensely at sitting at the awkward position you normally sit in. Eating healthy foods? Well herp derp your body isn't used to them and you'll fart alot because the normal microflora in your gut isn't adapted to it. Eating your favorite junk food? You're body doesn't need the nutrients in it so it will start to taste like paper.