Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:41pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -If Overeem's test taken on December 7th is negative and if he takes post-fight tests after UFC 141 as well as up to six months later, they will approve him. Failure to provide the samples could be cause for revoking.

-They bring up a motion about Overeem getting licensed but it fails to be seconded. They deliberate more.
    he's not out of the woods yet.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah saw that. as much as i want overroids vs lesroids to go down, i kinda wanna see this fucker get sent packing too. using your mums illness to dodge a drug test is weak.

edit- and as i say that...

-New motion is brought up. Overeem will get a conditional license but must take a new test at an independent facility within 72 hours, must be tested again once he arrives in the United States and must take random tests for the next year at his own expense. It is approved and Overeem has been granted a license.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone happen to know how long the roids stay in your system and are visible on a drug test?

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:54pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Does anyone happen to know how long the roids stay in your system and are visible on a drug test?
    This was tabled at the commission:

-The board discusses out of competition drug testing. They mention that Brock Lesnar passed his test and when Overeem was brought up, they said, "Well deal with that later."

-Doctor gets on the line to talk about testing. He says they're affecting by many different variables. Those variables include the amount of time steroids stay in the system. Injecting steroids stay in the system longest but oral or cream steroids would not take as long. He says if you go longer than 24 hours with someone who's taking oral steroids, you can miss it on the test. If they inject them, 48 hours could be enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:57pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -Doctor gets on the line to talk about testing. He says they're affecting by many different variables. Those variables include the amount of time steroids stay in the system. Injecting steroids stay in the system longest but oral or cream steroids would not take as long. He says if you go longer than 24 hours with someone who's taking oral steroids, you can miss it on the test. If they inject them, 48 hours could be enough.
    -The main reason they're discussing the time frame is they want to get fighters to take their drug and steroid test within 48 hours of notification of testing so a fighter can't stop and flush the drugs out of their system.
    So I'm guessing by now that the whole thing is just a nice big facade to make it look like this really was just a case of bad timing and the telephone game rather than a case of that one guy who you know is lying but don't have any proof on.

Edit: Ninja'd.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    while roids can stay in your system a while depending on what they are and how they are used, there are also masking agents out there to cover them up. this is why random tests are meant to be done ASAP to stop people fucking around.

3 weeks in holland is, im guessing, long enough to cover your ass from any further testing. he needs to either be more careful or just continue to only fight in states that dont do drug testing.

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 8:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have an exceptionally ignorant question: When you've roided to be as fucking enormous as Overeem is, do you still need to maintain some kind of regular dose or risk significant loss of strength and size? As in, could Overeem cease roiding overnight without losing bulk like a leaky balloon over the next few months?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 8:31pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    while roids can stay in your system a while depending on what they are and how they are used, there are also masking agents out there to cover them up. this is why random tests are meant to be done ASAP to stop people fucking around.

3 weeks in holland is, im guessing, long enough to cover your ass from any further testing. he needs to either be more careful or just continue to only fight in states that dont do drug testing.
    Thing is, a vast majority of UFC fights happen in Vegas. If he wants to fight for the UFC he has to maintain a Nevada license. Their policy dictates that they can call any licensed fighter in their state for a random test any time regardless of if they have an upcoming fight or now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    It really depends on what your taking. It's a very broad topic...Oil based, water based, pills, and the type such as test or winns. Also the testing depends. Are they checking chemical reads in urine or they checking for elevated hormone levels. Also if he is on growth you wont have a clue.
    From what I understand such as recent posts stated hes on conditional until he passes the scheduled and random tests over the next six mos.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Please remove the NSFW image you're using as your avatar. Otherwise Google will eventually kill BS like they killed Sociocide.

No, I'm not joking.
    I have been gone for over a year because of some person issues and when I decide to make an appearance I get warned about a 18 month old avatar. What a nice warm welcome. :-)

Oh, and I really dislike this Lesnar meathead and hope whomever he fights punches him in his fat face.

<sarcasm>Yep, that is all natural.</sarcasm>
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast