Posted On:
    12/11/2011 11:46pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC brawler by night, Wall Street broker by day: John Cholish

UFC brawler by night, Wall Street broker by day

In a sport full of fighters who double as martial arts instructors, John Cholish is a different type of moonlighter.

Saturday night the 27-year-old will make his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut at the Air Canada Centre, but mere days later heíll be back at his office in New York City, putting together deals on his day job as a commodities broker at Beacon Energy.

There arenít many Ivy League educated pro fighters in the world (Cholish has a degree in applied economics from Cornell), and competitors who hold down full-time corporate gigs are just as rare.

Cholish manages to juggle both jobs while still sleeping eight hours a night. He explained to the Star how the skills he employs on Wall St. help him survive in the Octagon.

Full interview at link
    http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...-broker-by-day

John Cholish fought this past Saturday in Toronto at UFC 140
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113228
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 12:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liked that fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 2:33am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a good fight, and it's a good story as well.
    I can tell you guys, as an accountant (almost), people at work find it very odd that I train in judo and BJJ.
    So it's cool this guy has support at work.

It is annoying however that I always have to explain myself for training in MA, granted I have busted some fingers and toes, or the occasional black eye.
    But hey, the partner I work under is an avid cyclist and broken way more bones than me, nobody looks at that as odd, double standard motherfuckers...

Okay, enough rant, good on this guy, and good for him.

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 3:03am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidi View Post
    That was a good fight, and it's a good story as well.
    I can tell you guys, as an accountant (almost), people at work find it very odd that I train in judo and BJJ.
    So it's cool this guy has support at work.

It is annoying however that I always have to explain myself for training in MA, granted I have busted some fingers and toes, or the occasional black eye.
    But hey, the partner I work under is an avid cyclist and broken way more bones than me, nobody looks at that as odd, double standard motherfuckers...

Okay, enough rant, good on this guy, and good for him.
    I find people's somewhat irrational fear of the martial arts somewhat useful at my work. Though I didn't coin it, I have been quite supportive of the 'don't fcuk with finance' idiom that seemed to have instigated around the same time as when I started explaining to people at work how I chose to spend my free time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 1:24am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's the monkey brain. When people know or sense that you can **** them up, they treat you differently. There's a lot less bullying going on in my office since I Joined. No more "I'll throw you out that window" comment from office bullies. I don't get bullies.