--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

sweep single take down in MMA

^Thats the takedown I'm referring to, although I try to finish further behind the opponent rather than putting my head under him. Several of the wrestlers I have been working with lately really like this takedown and I'm beginning to utilize it live rolling quite a bit. Is there any reason this wouldn't be an applicable take down for MMA? One danger I see is eating a knee, but that's a danger with most lower body takedowns. And finally what modifications might you make to better suit this for MMA?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a potential counter, but I could see it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...x-Uzw-Xs#t=78s

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How would you set it up without the tieup?

I think it is a shot that is hard to hit on someone not in a wrestling stance and who isn't handfighting.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't feel it's nessesary to do from a tie up, I think it can be set up with a combination or an arm drag. if you shoot from the outside, but still close I don't feel it's that dangerous of a shot. Rather than getting squashed by a sprawl you'll be spinning around behind the opponent. If you miss the shot you will at least come back up to your feet with a good angle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    could you do that from the standing gullotine? I just hate jumping guard from there. So I either do the ankle pick or a leg lift. (Sort of double leg)