Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/10/2011 1:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, and it's really a moot point considering what may lurk on a working knife.
    Clean your knife if you're gonna prep food is all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 8:15pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I own an Ontario Raider Bowie-

It's on the right, there. Yon can see that I've got one of those two-sided rough synthetic whetstones to burr off the rough edges from hard work on the blade. You can see my little hard Arkansas stone- you can't see the medium Arkansas stone. They are just fine for giving that monster of a blade a pretty sharp edge, considering it's size. You can also see how the blade's blackening will rub off a little over time and hard use there along the edge. The oil I typically use is just a little vegetable oil. It's cheap, and food safe.

The other knife is a Hen & Rooster, and it's a pretty handy field knife, too. It's stainless instead of carbon, though.

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 7:18am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    So very true, Cassius. I like S30V in my folders, currently I carry a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and it's been great. I also prefer Carbon for fixed blades. I'm a huge fan of ESEE and I really like Bark River and Fallkniven as well. Haven't had a chance to pick up a Blind Horse yet, but I always drool when I see them! Good choice.
    How funny. My EDC is the original Spyderco Paramilitary. I have also have the full sized Military model, but it is a little big for EDC. If only Spyderco would redesign the Paramilitary and include a liner lock instead of the current bastardized lockback/liner lock design.

As for the Blind Horse Bushcrafter, it is bar none the most comfortable knife to hold that I have ever owned. While it doesn't seem that way from the pictures, the basic Kephart design makes it good at doing everything. The JRE sheath that comes with it is top notch, as well. Love the firesteel loop. Overall, I don't know if you can get a better knife for the money. 100% Made in Amurrca, roger.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 7:21pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The compression lock is one of the strongest locks on the market whereas liner locks and back locks are both some of the weakest. If you take apart your Para Military you'll find it actually works just like a Benchmade Axis lock except that it doesn't require any springs or extra moving parts. It may be a little less comfortable to manipulate, but it's a decent tradeoff considering how insanely strong it is.

I don't know how much you like torture tests, but this video shows off what the bastard lock is capable of:

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 1:20pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I've felt so shitty lately I forgot to update this thread. The knife arrived on Tuesday, immediately impressed me with how solid it felt it my hand, and then taught me that everything is weightless on the hip after you've carried a loaded M1911A1 clone (topped off in Condition 1). I wish to hell kitchen knives felt this good in my hand.

Oh yeah, and the leg tie makes all the difference in the world while sitting at my computer.

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 1:53pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad you like it! Now go buy more knives. An Izula should make a nice companion to your new Ontario!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12