Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 11:47am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

VIDEO - Hitting HIGHEST My Highest Percentage Pass in Comp

What's going on everyone, back again with my favorite pass that I've been doing since I was a blue belt. The video includes competition footage along with detailed instruction. This is one of my highest percentage passes.

Thanks for watching,

Jason Scully

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 6:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty similar to my favourite pass, except I use double overhooks. In the video you are controlling his legs the whole time, but are you not worried about the kimura when you push on his knee with your hand. I know this is happening fast but in the past I have had really big guys get the kimura grip (eventhough they don't have guard) and sweep me with it. So instead of using my hand to push the knee I hug around the leg and effectively use my upper arm to clear the leg. Sometimes I will use the other hand to grab the foot.

Is the kimura an issue for you or am I missing details on how you are doing the pass?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 11:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To help with some questions

1. Everything is counterable, what determines if it's not going to work are things like, proper position, timing, your opponents recognition of what you are doing, experience, you know what they can do to you ,etc...

2. When I do this pass I am 100% aware of my dangers such as kimuras, stiff arms, hard shrimping, etc... With me being aware of my opponents counters, this helps me a ton with being to execute this move correctly because I can adjust my body accordingly to make sure these things don't happen to me.

3. First thing I always look out for is a possible Kimura attempt. This lots of times starts with the person grabbing my wrist. I do not spend a lot of time hanging out in this position. I push hard and I kick fast. Also if the person grabs my wrist, I use my knee to put pressure on their wrist.

4 As far as a the stiff arm goes, most of the time I still get the pass, some times I don't depending on my starting pressure, where my head is, how fast I move, etc... Mainly because I make mistakes at time. Also if the head is on the right side and in the right position a stiff arm shouldn't stop the pass.

If I have a moment I will post more details on how I stop common possible counters.