Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 8:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As if the people need reasons.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 8:24pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, haters gonna hate :)

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 8:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like fighters who are able to beat their opposition while being entertaining doing so. Jones is, so could not give any less of a motherfuck if he rapes orphaned pandas in his spare time. It is a fighter's job to fight and win, not to live up to inflated expectations of being knights in shining armour.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 8:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinkle Soot View Post
    As if the people need reasons.
    Well, this is the internet. The more time I spend on here, the more time I wonder what it would be like if the internet was a physical place:

Last edited by Holy Moment; 12/11/2011 8:29pm at .

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 9:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Is it just me, or are people finding really odd reasons to dislike Jon Jones?
    Pretty much. I think it's funny that biggest reason people seem to dislike him is because he is arrogant. So you have a top level professional athlete and he happens to be arrogant. Well, that's rare.

I also loved how everyone thought Rampage was a super awesome dude and Jon Jones was a "fake" during the lead up to their fight. As if humping reporters and all the other Rampage shenanigans are any realer. I just chalked it up to good old racism. Some people couldn't seem to handle an articulate, successful black man in contrast to the (negative) stereotypical character Rampage plays.
    Last edited by foreverstrife; 12/11/2011 9:05pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 9:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gaah, nevermind me.

When Enson Inoue and Matt Horwich open their mouths
    to say something, I go all the time like:

"**** Yeah that makes total sense to me."

Jones might be alright. I am just weird.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 9:59pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I don't know how you can say that. The left was vicious and right on the button. He seemed tired, not badly concussed. If you get hit flush on the button like that, sorry, you're going down. How quickly you get back up is a matter of mental state and conditioning.
    I'm talking about his ability to avoid hits like that in the first place. That elbow took a lot out of him, and his quickness suffered.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Tamale View Post

I miss some genuine positive charisma with all these "now-generation" fighters. Being a "martial artist" is defined also by the degree of civility with which we treat our opponents. The fact that Jones doesn't care for that, positively or negatively, makes him less than a "martial artist" in my book, and just an athlete.

Like, at some point, he will lose, because somebody will come who is a more physically gifted specimen than he is. If we take Jones' success away, what have we? Just a kid without manners. I expect that from a racehorse, but not from a "martial artist".
    a kid without manners? you know what your problem is, you're a fucking asshole. jones is probably one of the more manner dudes ive seen fight. like has already been stated, it isnt his job to look after a downed fighter. he doesnt **** talk people despite the fact that he has hugely owned everyone hes ever fought. hes articulate and polite, and his conduct in and out of the ring has been pretty good (and you can forgive him that elbow dq imo cos thats a fucking stupid rule and the ref should have stopped that beating way before that happened, was only a matter of time)

he even chased down a dude who stole a ladies handbag. what the **** do you want from him, and what the **** does he owe you? have you actually had a fight in a ring or a cage btw? when something like that happens you get the **** out of the way. the WORST people are the ones who get in the way of the cornermen and doctors etc trying to show some fake sympathy for the guy who up until moments ago they had been trying to KTFO.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Tamale View Post
    Gaah, nevermind me.
    Jones might be alright. I am just weird.
    Yes, you are.
    With so many 'fallen' athletes in modern times, I'm surprised there are people who still seriously think sports figures are supposed to be role models.
    They are not.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when i was a kid, my number one role model was my dad. he still is, and its a bit sad really that it seems for the majority of young males this is not the case. i wouldnt want any kid of mine to consider someone theyd never even met to be their role model.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast