Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 2:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    My dislike for Mir is growing exponentially every time I see him fight, talk, or exist.
    Nothing a little quality JDS time can't cure. If Nog's punches were able to wobble Mir...

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Loved this card. Good showing all around!

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 2:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    When in that long ass video does Mir speak?
    Sorry, but watched it last night, don't remember.

Fairly in the beginning, though, I think.

He gives a "no I'm just perfectly normal" mad laughter,
    American Psycho style.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though I was betting on Jones and gambled in his favor. I had a nagging feeling that Machida may pull off the upset here.
    Thankfully, I went with my first inclination and came out $40 ahead ( my friend is a krotty nutrider lol).
    I felt bad for Mark Hominick. It just goes to show how important it is to do all the little things right, especially when you are facing that level of competition.
    I don't think it was an easy night for him in any case, or for anyone in his corner, since they were without Tompkins for the first time.
    I think he will recover.
    Tough evening for Canadians overall ( 2-7 on the night).
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 3:09pm

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida looked great standinging up, but he looked a bit sloppy in his grappling. Even Jones said he expected more movement from him, being a black belt in Jujitsu. I thought he'd be able to escape his guillotine. I'm probably just disappointed because the first round got me pumped up to see Machida win.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 3:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Machida. And I was REALLY pulling for him in this fight, and certainly his striking has been the most effective yet against Jones. However, all of you saying that it would have ended in a KO for Machida seem to forget that Jones's submission came off of a Lyoto knock down off of Johnny's left.

Here's the harsh reality:

Machida is a great striker - that said, both Jones AND Shogun have shown that he is exposed to a good counterpunch himself, due to the fact that he wades in vertical with his chin out. He needs to fix this, or his career is going to go the way of all the other great strikers who have gotten glass-jawed from too many clips and drops. For his sake, and for mine as a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 3:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Lasso View Post
    Machida looked great standinging up, but he looked a bit sloppy in his grappling. Even Jones said he expected more movement from him, being a black belt in Jujitsu. I thought he'd be able to escape his guillotine. I'm probably just disappointed because the first round got me pumped up to see Machida win.
    I couldn't disagree more. His clinch work is and was fantastic, and had Jones been 3 inches shorter he might have caught him with some of his attempted clinch-TDs. But Bones is very experienced and knows how to balance, plus his limbs give him freak-of-nature sensitivity.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 6:16pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    However, all of you saying that it would have ended in a KO for Machida seem to forget that Jones's submission came off of a Lyoto knock down off of Johnny's left.
    While I'm not so certain Machida would have gotten the KO either, when Bones's left knocked him down he was already completely out of it after the elbow that cut him open on the ground. You could see when they stopped the fight momentarily that he wasn't all there, and when they resumed the grappling probably wore him down further.

Again, I'm not saying he would have definitely won. But if the ground work and elbow from that position hadn't happened, he would not have gone down like that.

Also, that Ortiz/Lil Nog was crazy. Ortiz had no response while Lil Nog just kept beating the **** out of him. I felt like I was watching a documentary about the Rwandan Genocide and the ref was the international community.

Seeing Big Nog's arm get snapped like that was intense, but he definitely brought it on himself. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see him do so well against Mir in the standup department, though.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 6:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know guys, even though it's a non-issue, really,
    but I am sad when I think that the kids of today see people who do this after fights:

I think I miss the guy who did this after fights:

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 6:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    While I'm not so certain Machida would have gotten the KO either, when Bones's left knocked him down he was already completely out of it after the elbow that cut him open on the ground. You could see when they stopped the fight momentarily that he wasn't all there, and when they resumed the grappling probably wore him down further.

Again, I'm not saying he would have definitely won. But if the ground work and elbow from that position hadn't happened, he would not have gone down like that.
    I don't know how you can say that. The left was vicious and right on the button. He seemed tired, not badly concussed. If you get hit flush on the button like that, sorry, you're going down. How quickly you get back up is a matter of mental state and conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    Also, that Ortiz/Lil Nog was crazy. Ortiz had no response while Lil Nog just kept beating the **** out of him. I felt like I was watching a documentary about the Rwandan Genocide and the ref was the international community.

Seeing Big Nog's arm get snapped like that was intense, but he definitely brought it on himself. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see him do so well against Mir in the standup department, though.
    For me the surprise is completely the reverse. Nog is the accomplished boxer. As long as he was healthy and in shape, I expected him to land the bigger better cleaner shots and have the crisper form. While Mir is a good grappler, seeing him manage a kimura on someone like Mintauro totally blew me away. That was impressive, and not expected at all.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast