Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 1:28am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could see Overeem beating Lesnar. Couldn't see him beating JDS, though.

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 8:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? JDS has not yet proved his offensive grappling ability, so it will probably come down to their striking.

Overeem won the K-1 GP last year. He can definetly hang with and beat the big boys in striking. Dos Santos never fought at that level in striking.

I don't know, Dos Santos is really good, but I can't get the images of him flailing at Cro Cop with his hands at his waist. If he did something like that against Overeem, he would get knocked out cold.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 8:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I wouldn't bet money that he'll do it, for sure. I just think it's in the realm of possibilities.
    "in the realm of possibilities", huh?

You know what, you've convinced me. It IS in the realm of possibilities.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 8:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Facts about Overeem:

-He won the ADCC trials. In Europe. Against a few completely unimpressive competitors half his size and strength. I've seen the videos. Europe is NOT Abu Dhabi itself, where he would get smoked instantly. Mostapha Al Turk won the European ADCC once. That should tell you a bit about how well that translates to MMA success worldwide.

-He won a K-1 GP. By beating up other fighters who would do better at LHW and then taking the title by defeating an old-as-dirt Aerts who had already been through a most heroic display of grit and skill against the titanic Schilt and was consequently nearly dead coming into the fight. Furthermore, Overeem, despite looking like The Hulk painted black and with a more offensive hairdo, DOES NOT LIKE GETTING HIT. I remember him turning his back and RUNNING FROM KHARITONOV, whom he positively dwarfed, only to be KOed shortly thereafter. If Kharitonov can make him run like that, JDS would make him look like fucking Usain Bolt.

-He is quite obviously as heavily on the gear as just about anyone in the fight game. People denying this are willfully blind.

God, I fucking hate him so much. Still, I'd put imaginary E-bucks on him beating Lesnar. He seems to have the necessary skillset to make Lesnar's evening very painful indeed whereas I can't be sure that Lesnar has what it takes to put the hurt on Overeem.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 8:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate Hate Hate Hate Woo woo woo!

Also in the K1, he lost a round to Tyrone Sprong (first match) and fought Saki (second match), who already had a broken right arm + broken right rib + broken right elbow.

But you can't blame him for that. The stars aligned for him that night.

BUT also this: http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...:organizations

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 8:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From your article:

"Also know that when Alistair [first] came to Cor, when he would get hit, he would turn his back to his opponent and didn't want to fight! You saw that when he fought his first K-1 fight in Holland, it was very bad."

In the earlier words of Mr. Rutten himself: "You can buy muscles, but you can't buy cojones!"

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 9:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinkle Soot View Post
    "in the realm of possibilities", huh?

You know what, you've convinced me. It IS in the realm of possibilities.
    It's always a **** ton easier to predict who won't be the champ than to predict who will be the champ. Statistics will always be on your side that way because there are a slew of other fighters gunning for that title.

I definitely see Mir's weaknesses, and again I'm not saying I'd put money on him. But I also think people tend to buy into the hype way too much. People put too much faith in fighters because Joe Rogan or Dana White say they're the ****.

For instance - Cain's cardio. If I remember correctly he's had one fight go the distance his entire pro career.

Machida's elusiveness - okay he has pretty good movement but he's obviously not elusive enough to keep from losing three of his last four fights.

Remember when Dan Hardy was the next big thing? Oops.

Remember when Carwin was an unstoppable force? Yeah, not so much.

Who's the next fighter to get off the hype train at the next station? JDS? Overeem?

The difference between Mir and everyone else is that he's already been exposed. All his dirty laundry has been aired and he's still here and he's still in position to compete for a title if some things go his way. So yeah, I give him a chance.

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 11:00am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's always a **** ton easier to predict who won't be the champ than to predict who will be the champ. Statistics will always be on your side that way because there are a slew of other fighters gunning for that title.

I definitely see Mir's weaknesses, and again I'm not saying I'd put money on him. But I also think people tend to buy into the hype way too much. People put too much faith in fighters because Joe Rogan or Dana White say they're the ****.

For instance - Cain's cardio. If I remember correctly he's had one fight go the distance his entire pro career.

Machida's elusiveness - okay he has pretty good movement but he's obviously not elusive enough to keep from losing three of his last four fights.

Remember when Dan Hardy was the next big thing? Oops.

Remember when Carwin was an unstoppable force? Yeah, not so much.

Who's the next fighter to get off the hype train at the next station? JDS? Overeem?

The difference between Mir and everyone else is that he's already been exposed. All his dirty laundry has been aired and he's still here and he's still in position to compete for a title if some things go his way. So yeah, I give him a chance.
    Dude, it's called marketing.

What do you expect? .. "catch UFC 143 this February where Nick 'rabbit punch, complain alot' Diaz faces off against Carlos 'We all wish he was GSP' Condit."

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 11:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I completely understand it's marketing. That doesn't mean truckloads of fucktards don't take it as the gospel and start using it to argue why guys will and won't win fights. I'm not knocking the UFC for doing it. I'm knocking the morons who buy into it.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I completely understand it's marketing. That doesn't mean truckloads of fucktards don't take it as the gospel and start using it to argue why guys will and won't win fights. I'm not knocking the UFC for doing it. I'm knocking the morons who buy into it.
    The truck load of people who buy into it won't include the coaches and cornermen of either fighter. If a given group of idiots decide to buy that Machida or Bones or JDS or whomever are indestructible, that's their problem.

But as Mir showed on Saturday, anybody has a chance to win any time, and though I picked Mir I didn't expect it to go down like that, so I almost dismiss my pick as lucky. Which is exactly what you need in any fight against anyone: a measure of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.