I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk View Post
    you really read a lot into comments on the internet. sure dude. i do think you're the one misinterpreting my original comment. yes, i mentioned the throw, but i started commenting on how hard Mir could crank it initially, which in my NOT WORTHY eyes is what allows him to get the positions and finish the way he did. but meh, sure. also, you seem to think i was wanting to make you "look bad", i was covering something up, or whatnot. i just said i disagreed and tried to explain why. never even said i was RIGHT and you were WRONG. but fine.

i love that you feel you're "finally reaming" me the proper way.
    This is why your shitty country is closer to the bottom than to the top.

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 5:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is it about Rashad Evans that I'm not seeing, I dont rate him at all. Only Anderson Silva can upend Jones now, although as Henderson says he gets injured an awful lot lately.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 6:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My thoughts on the PPV:

On one hand, the semi-main was a beautiful example of BJJ in reaction, not to mention literally snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. On the other hand, it was performed by Frank Mir, whom I hate so much that I am told "hate waves" can be seen radiating off me when I talk about him on cloudy days. Very conflicted!

On the other hand, the people who are shrieking about Mir breaking the arm need to quiet down. Nog doesn't start tapping until AFTER Mir snaps his arm. I'll go further out on my limb and say that Nog would have never tapped unless Mir went for the break. Because Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Is A Warrior.

The main event:
    Was I the only one wishing for soccer kicks and knees to the head when Jones came out in his Monkey Kung Fu stance? Machida did back him off with some of those karate barrages, but that led into one of the problems anyone fighting JBJ is going to have:
    "To heck with this kickboxing! I'm gonna take you down and elbow you in the face for a bit."

And the main problem I have with Jones is not so much him, I like his wacky unorthodox fight finishing style, as I stated earlier in the thread I can't stand Greg Jackson.

Other Fights:

Dennis Hallman bringing the UFC 1 style to the 21st century. All that fight needed was Rorion explaining how the keek boxsching represenative is now controlled by the zhou zhitzhou fighter...let this man compete in his blue under roos Dana!

I am intrigued by this Croatian fellow. With Igor V, Mirko, and now Fedor on the downward slide there is a serious lack of Ivan Drago knock offs in MMA. Perhaps this Igor P. can rectify the situation.

Did not expect the Korean Zombie fight to go down that way. From what I can tell, his style is to walk straight into crisp striking combinations with his head held high, which should have fit nicely into Hominick's style of, well, throwing crisp striking combinations.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seems to me that nog didn't respect mir's jiu jitsu. he could have been a lot more conservative on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 1:39am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kesting does a play by play of the Mir vs Nog fight, also illustrates the limited options for movement from the Kimura that Mir had on Nog. (7.30)

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 4:55am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    What is it about Rashad Evans that I'm not seeing, I dont rate him at all. Only Anderson Silva can upend Jones now, although as Henderson says he gets injured an awful lot lately.
    He's extremely quick and has the most seamless transitions from striking to wrestling.
    I think he has a chance.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 8:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real question begging to be answered is this:

How the **** is Big Nog going to open his Christmas presents?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 11:11am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    My thoughts on the PPV:

On one hand, the semi-main was a beautiful example of BJJ in reaction, not to mention literally snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. On the other hand, it was performed by Frank Mir, whom I hate so much that I am told "hate waves" can be seen radiating off me when I talk about him on cloudy days. Very conflicted!

On the other hand, the people who are shrieking about Mir breaking the arm need to quiet down. Nog doesn't start tapping until AFTER Mir snaps his arm. I'll go further out on my limb and say that Nog would have never tapped unless Mir went for the break. Because Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Is A Warrior.

The main event:
    Was I the only one wishing for soccer kicks and knees to the head when Jones came out in his Monkey Kung Fu stance? Machida did back him off with some of those karate barrages, but that led into one of the problems anyone fighting JBJ is going to have:
    "To heck with this kickboxing! I'm gonna take you down and elbow you in the face for a bit."

And the main problem I have with Jones is not so much him, I like his wacky unorthodox fight finishing style, as I stated earlier in the thread I can't stand Greg Jackson.

Other Fights:

Dennis Hallman bringing the UFC 1 style to the 21st century. All that fight needed was Rorion explaining how the keek boxsching represenative is now controlled by the zhou zhitzhou fighter...let this man compete in his blue under roos Dana!

I am intrigued by this Croatian fellow. With Igor V, Mirko, and now Fedor on the downward slide there is a serious lack of Ivan Drago knock offs in MMA. Perhaps this Igor P. can rectify the situation.

Did not expect the Korean Zombie fight to go down that way. From what I can tell, his style is to walk straight into crisp striking combinations with his head held high, which should have fit nicely into Hominick's style of, well, throwing crisp striking combinations.
    When exactly did you become a credible poster with smart things to say?

I must have missed the memo.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 12:36pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, sometimes Mir just confuses me. So where does this put him? Gate keeper? Contender for the belt? Somewhere in between?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 12:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    When exactly did you become a credible poster with smart things to say?

I must have missed the memo.
    He's not. I bet he copied paste this from some other forum.