218358 Bullies, 7953 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 162
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Shawarma is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,440

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:25am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop quoting SirC, please. I put him on ignore for a reason.

    By now, I feel Jones Haters are entering "pre-decline Fedor hater territory." You know, when people claimed Fedor was totally washed up for failing to destroy then top-10 opponents within the first six seconds like he did Zuluzinho but still beat them handily in less time than it takes to cook spaghetti? That's how damn good Jones is, when he fails to shoot lasers from his eyes and fireballs from his ass and incinerate his opponent, people will claim he's overrated.

    I don't see what the big deal is with Jones' supposedly being a dick. If anything, he seems to be have a vaguely boring personality and doesn't feel especially comfortable hamming it up for the cameras like Sonnen, Ortiz or Jackson does. Personally, I like this in a fighter. Shut up and kick ass, please.
  2. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 7:52am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk View Post
    also. i'd bet money that the level of crankage in that kimura Mir got, and the sweep he managed to pull off after Nog swept him, had quite a bit to do with the weight difference. throwing someone like Nog over from under side control from a kimura grip you just got swept with is NO EASY FEAT. 239lbs vs 260lbs is a weightclass away right there.
    He didn't throw Nog, Nog threw himself. When your hand ends up behind your back the torque on your shoulder is such that you either bring your hand back to your hip to save the shoulder, or in this case, bring your hip to your hand. Minotauro was trying to get his hip back to his hand and rolled, Mir just had to keep the pressure on. I can roll people twice my size with this, and so can you, as long as they understand that if they don't roll I'll break their shoulder.

    Train more, talk less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  3. ronaldk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santo domingo, dominican republic
    Posts
    961

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 9:06am


     Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'd disagree with your sentiments.

    you mean to say having a 20lb weight difference doesn't help when you snap on the kimura, and plant your leg over their head? and then, when they manage a turn over, to pressure their arm to force them to roll? i can pull smaller guys towards me, so to speak, when i go for a kimura. you feel no more power with the hold when rolling with someone 20lbs lighter?

    i mean, yes, i know there are technical ways to get it on someone no matter what their size is, but i feel that a weight difference gives an undeniable upper hand. perhaps this is a misconception due to having a 260lb purple belt who is unkimurable due to his flexibility (ridiculously bendy) and gets it on everyone but one of the browns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Train more, talk less.
  4. Kambei Shimada is offline
    Kambei Shimada's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey-England
    Posts
    1,385

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 10:24am


     Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jones is fast becoming the Usaine Bolt of MMA. That was ridiculous.

    Macheda did well implementing his gameplan in the first half, even so Jones came out of the fight completely unscathed (not even a mark on his face).

    A while ago I predicted that Rashed would be the man to dethrone Jones (i still think he's the best candidate) now though i'm not soo sure anyone is going to beat him in this division.
  5. Vieux Normand is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,294

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 11:06am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll probably get **** for repeating something I posted over on Sociocide, but here goes:

    The morning after UFC 140, I heard two fight fans lamenting the fact that pro MMA was going to be dominated by "genetic freaks" like Jones. Pretty much the same **** I'd heard when Lesnar first showed up to the sport.

    What did these fans think was going to happen?

    Compare the size and physiques of American-football players from the leatherhead days with the sheer mass of the players on today's NFL fields.

    Look at basketball players from Naismith's time, and then look at the giants in the present-day NBA.

    How about original-six-teams players of the early NHL versus the behemoths on today's pro hockey rinks?

    Pro sport: big-money, mass-entertainment, get asses in seats.

    Why would anyone think pro MMA might evolve any differently? Did these two unhappy fight-fans really think pro MMA was some sort of 'everyman-sport'? Newsflash: the "Royce-versus-bigger-guys-who-weren't-wise-to-his-methods" days are prehistory in media terms. The adoption of weight classes wouldn't change the course of events, as Jones' presence as a light-heavy-weight attests.

    Professional sport is the province of genetic anomalies. People who are unsatisfied with this state of affairs--who don't want to see evolutionary sideshow-freaks pitted against each other--have the option of spending their entertainment dollars elsewhere. What's the point of whining?
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 12/12/2011 11:11am at .
  6. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,362

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 11:36am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    I'll probably get **** for repeating something I posted over on Sociocide, but here goes:

    The morning after UFC 140, I heard two fight fans lamenting the fact that pro MMA was going to be dominated by "genetic freaks" like Jones. Pretty much the same **** I'd heard when Lesnar first showed up to the sport.

    What did these fans think was going to happen?

    Compare the size and physiques of American-football players from the leatherhead days with the sheer mass of the players on today's NFL fields.

    Look at basketball players from Naismith's time, and then look at the giants in the present-day NBA.

    How about original-six-teams players of the early NHL versus the behemoths on today's pro hockey rinks?

    Pro sport: big-money, mass-entertainment, get asses in seats.

    Why would anyone think pro MMA might evolve any differently? Did these two unhappy fight-fans really think pro MMA was some sort of 'everyman-sport'? Newsflash: the "Royce-versus-bigger-guys-who-weren't-wise-to-his-methods" days are prehistory in media terms. The adoption of weight classes wouldn't change the course of events, as Jones' presence as a light-heavy-weight attests.

    Professional sport is the province of genetic anomalies. People who are unsatisfied with this state of affairs--who don't want to see evolutionary sideshow-freaks pitted against each other--have the option of spending their entertainment dollars elsewhere. What's the point of whining?
    I tend to agree, with one caveat. Athletic ability won't be nearly enough in MMA. I think it's a much more difficult sport mentally and intellectually than many other sports.

    Most NFL players don't have what it takes emotionally and intellectually to be a successful quarterback. Every MMA fighter has to be the quarterback, so to speak. I think this will always give fighters with superior skill and strategy a chance, even if they aren't as physically gifted as their opponent.
  7. Tranquil Suit is offline
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    On hiatus

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,442

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 11:41am

    supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, Jones has also freak skill, not just freak athleticism. So it's not completely analog to the Champ Brock lamenting.

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  8. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,362

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 11:43am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, definitely. Obviously, the best case scenario is a fighter who has both. Jones, GSP, etc.
  9. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,149

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 1:55pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    So schooling someone is now landing a couple decent shots in the course of 5 minutes against a guy who has otherwise destroyed his previous competition? Is the bar this low for everyone or is it a Machida special?
    yeah wtf, how was that a schooling? Dan Henderson schooled Shields in the first round of their fight. Bisping schooled Mayhem for their whole fight pretty much. Tito got schooled the other night.

    landing a couple of kicks and a punch which do absolutely NOTHING is not schooling anyone.

    school school school
  10. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,047

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 1:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Debatable. It wasn't an out and out schooling, that's for sure, and I'm betting that Machida would be the first to own up to it. That said, he was getting the better shots in.

    As for the weight cut, you're dreaming. The guy is a National caliber wrestler, and if you can do that kind of cut through an NCAA season, you can do it slowly for a fight no problem.

    You're riding nuts. Don't let Machida's sac cloud your vision. I love the guy too, but he needs to fix his style so that his career lasts.
    No it's not Schooling. CNagy just doesn't know what the **** he's talking about because he doesn't train.

    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Do you even read what you write? "Machida turns the fight into a kickboxing match." Oh yes, because Jones doesn't normally start the fight striking. He's always going for the takedown. It's not like he's known for using a lot of spinning techniques or striking from the outside. Nope, Machida forced him into completely foreign territory there. I think you need to rewatch round 1, only this time shift the nutsack that was impairing your vision the first time around.

    So schooling someone is now landing a couple decent shots in the course of 5 minutes against a guy who has otherwise destroyed his previous competition? Is the bar this low for everyone or is it a Machida special?


    That only works when he doesn't end up murdering you at it. If Machida ever had Jones in the slightest trouble, you might have had a point. But he didn't, and you don't, and no amount of name-calling is going to change the fact that your guy was choked out and dropped like a corpse.
    I'm mostly being a dick because you're an uninformed asshole who doesn't see the nuances of the fight like someone who actually trains and competes. There are a lot of tiny little factors involved that you don't see because you are a dipshit armchair coach who doesn't have the eye for it. You seriously just don't get it because you're just too much of a piece of **** lazy cockasaurus rex. So I'm going to stop here because I'm trying to point out some of the tinier nuances of what's happening and you just don't see it. So go shoot yourself in the mouth with a super soaker full of pee, or go do some high level striking training and then come back to me and we'll talk and I will actually have a shred of respect for what you're saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Stop quoting SirC, please. I put him on ignore for a reason.

    By now, I feel Jones Haters are entering "pre-decline Fedor hater territory." You know, when people claimed Fedor was totally washed up for failing to destroy then top-10 opponents within the first six seconds like he did Zuluzinho but still beat them handily in less time than it takes to cook spaghetti? That's how damn good Jones is, when he fails to shoot lasers from his eyes and fireballs from his ass and incinerate his opponent, people will claim he's overrated.

    I don't see what the big deal is with Jones' supposedly being a dick. If anything, he seems to be have a vaguely boring personality and doesn't feel especially comfortable hamming it up for the cameras like Sonnen, Ortiz or Jackson does. Personally, I like this in a fighter. Shut up and kick ass, please.
    You don't fucking have me on ignore you little miggershit. You're the worst kind of poster on this site because you are actually reasonably intelligent, but you refuse to train and choose to just be an ignorant cum sipper.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk View Post
    i'd disagree with your sentiments.

    you mean to say having a 20lb weight difference doesn't help when you snap on the kimura, and plant your leg over their head? and then, when they manage a turn over, to pressure their arm to force them to roll? i can pull smaller guys towards me, so to speak, when i go for a kimura. you feel no more power with the hold when rolling with someone 20lbs lighter?

    i mean, yes, i know there are technical ways to get it on someone no matter what their size is, but i feel that a weight difference gives an undeniable upper hand. perhaps this is a misconception due to having a 260lb purple belt who is unkimurable due to his flexibility (ridiculously bendy) and gets it on everyone but one of the browns.



    You clearly and absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. I use a kimura as a sweep against dudes who are much bigger than me all the time. The kimura arm position is one of the most hilarious and awesome ways to throw/sweep someone. Don't talk like that to Gabetuno, dipshit. He knows what he's talking about. You don't.

    I wish your mom would've gotten raped with you and elected for an abortion so we didn't have to deal with this ****.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.