232714 Bullies, 3339 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 162
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    12/11/2011 11:09pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    I'm talking about his ability to avoid hits like that in the first place. That elbow took a lot out of him, and his quickness suffered.
    He caught Machida coming in, striking, with his guard down. This is my entire point. Quickness doesn't stop punches from coming through a down guard when you're moving straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  2. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    12/11/2011 11:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Marley's Ghost View Post
    Yes, you are.
    With so many 'fallen' athletes in modern times, I'm surprised there are people who still seriously think sports figures are supposed to be role models.
    They are not.
    Actually I disagree. They SHOULDN'T be role models, but people performing great acts of skill and wonder in the public eye are simply going to be lionized, whether you like it or not, and for good reason.

    Here's a good rule: whether you're kicking someone's ass without breaking a sweat, performing a triple lindey, or simply running people out of a burning building on the nightly news - don't be a fucking asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  3. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,730

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 1:23am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    when i was a kid, my number one role model was my dad. he still is, and its a bit sad really that it seems for the majority of young males this is not the case. i wouldnt want any kid of mine to consider someone theyd never even met to be their role model.
    What a coincidence! Your Dad is my role model too!
  4. ronaldk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santo domingo, dominican republic
    Posts
    961

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 2:03am


     Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Is it just me, or are people finding really odd reasons to dislike Jon Jones?
    been thinking the saaaame thing for a WHILE now. i feel Jones gets hated on a lot for some reason. and hiiiighly underestimated for a large portion of his initial run in the UFC. i remember how Ryan Bader was supposed to be his "hardest test" and was going to "put an end to his momentum". riiiight. that fight went EXACTLY how i expected it to, after seeing Jones DEMOLISH Bonnar and KO Vera, i didn't give Bader a snowball's chance in hell.

    and now the beef is that he does what he is told to do, and tries to act professional and make as little waves as possible. don't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    You know I really hate fighter metrics, that number doesn't even come close to how much Jones was losing that first round. I'll re-watch the match, but these stats are bullshit and anyone who watched that fight knows it.
    hey, call it what you want. Machida was winning the round, and was landing significantly, but those numbers just show it wasn't a completely one-sided afair.

    anyone who does a first round the way Jones did against Machida would definitely get a seal of approval and a pat on the back for doing a decent job against a really precise, quick striker with a very unorthodox style. again, i feel it's just we're so used to seeing Jones destroy his foes that we lose perspective.
  5. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 2:03am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    That's not dominating. That's not even technically dictating the pace. Machida's game is "come to me so I can counterstrike and then flurry forward." You either play his game, or you get in closer and more aggressive than he likes, or you stand around outside and do nothing. When you've got a 10.5 inch reach advantage, that eliminates option 2 and 3. The only way for Jones to not play Machida's game would have been to pursue the takedown in round 1.

    Round 2 started just like round 1. Only this time Jones was getting the better of the exchanges. Then he took Machida down, cut him, and later choked him out in a standing guillotine. At no time in the entire fight was the Dragon "dominating." He implemented his game plan and won round 1. That's it.

    Edit: And the judges gave (2 of 3) the first round to Jones. Jones was the aggressor. In terms of strikes they landed a comparable amount. I give the first round to Machida because his strikes were more significant, but if you showed a compilation of dominating rounds and included Jones v. Machida Round 1, the backing music could only be "One of These Things (Is Not Like the Other)."
    So Machida turns the fight into a kick boxing match and forcing Jon Jones to attack so Machida can play his counter fighting game and he's not taking control of the match? I'm going to assume that you have very little striking training because you're kind of full of **** here. Getting someone to play your game is how you dominate a match, dipshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Anyone who re-watches the fight will see that the numbers are pretty much spot on, that Machida didn't actually do anything the first two minutes of the fight, that most of his flurry-punches missed, and that his final significant strikes consisted of two kicks to the body, one punch to the body, and a punch to the head. He also spent most of the round backing up (but that's his style). Jones landed some leg kicks, his head kick attempt was deflected by Machida's shoulder, but most of his kicks and pretty much all of his punches missed.

    So how much was Jones losing that first round where he was almost always pressing forward and throwing more strikes? You're acting like Machida schooled him when all he did was land a few significant strikes while not taking all that much in return.
    THAT IS SCHOOLING SOMEONE. WHY ARE YOU SUCH A DUMBASS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Is it just me, or are people finding really odd reasons to dislike Jon Jones?
    I really don't understand this either. The guy is just looking out for his career. He won't be able to continue cutting like this and still keep up his physical ridiculousness that much longer. He's gotta get his foot in the door now.
  6. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 2:06am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, I want to see Tito Ortiz fight on May 30th for his 15th anniversary against Chuck Liddel.

    Please make this Happen, UFC. Please.
  7. ronaldk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santo domingo, dominican republic
    Posts
    961

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 2:14am


     Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also. i'd bet money that the level of crankage in that kimura Mir got, and the sweep he managed to pull off after Nog swept him, had quite a bit to do with the weight difference. throwing someone like Nog over from under side control from a kimura grip you just got swept with is NO EASY FEAT. 239lbs vs 260lbs is a weightclass away right there.
  8. FLICK30 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Saint Petersburg Russia
    Posts
    44

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 2:51am


     Style: Combatives, SAMBO,

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    By the way, I want to see Tito Ortiz fight on May 30th for his 15th anniversary against Chuck Liddel.

    Please make this Happen, UFC. Please.
    I am with ya. Would be a good way for Ortiz to finish his career. Want to see it!
  9. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 3:32am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    So Machida turns the fight into a kick boxing match and forcing Jon Jones to attack so Machida can play his counter fighting game and he's not taking control of the match? I'm going to assume that you have very little striking training because you're kind of full of **** here. Getting someone to play your game is how you dominate a match, dipshit.



    THAT IS SCHOOLING SOMEONE. WHY ARE YOU SUCH A DUMBASS?



    I really don't understand this either. The guy is just looking out for his career. He won't be able to continue cutting like this and still keep up his physical ridiculousness that much longer. He's gotta get his foot in the door now.
    Debatable. It wasn't an out and out schooling, that's for sure, and I'm betting that Machida would be the first to own up to it. That said, he was getting the better shots in.

    As for the weight cut, you're dreaming. The guy is a National caliber wrestler, and if you can do that kind of cut through an NCAA season, you can do it slowly for a fight no problem.

    You're riding nuts. Don't let Machida's sac cloud your vision. I love the guy too, but he needs to fix his style so that his career lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  10. CNagy is offline
    CNagy's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    982

    Posted On:
    12/12/2011 4:07am


     Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    So Machida turns the fight into a kick boxing match and forcing Jon Jones to attack so Machida can play his counter fighting game and he's not taking control of the match? I'm going to assume that you have very little striking training because you're kind of full of **** here.
    Do you even read what you write? "Machida turns the fight into a kickboxing match." Oh yes, because Jones doesn't normally start the fight striking. He's always going for the takedown. It's not like he's known for using a lot of spinning techniques or striking from the outside. Nope, Machida forced him into completely foreign territory there. I think you need to rewatch round 1, only this time shift the nutsack that was impairing your vision the first time around.

    THAT IS SCHOOLING SOMEONE. WHY ARE YOU SUCH A DUMBASS?
    So schooling someone is now landing a couple decent shots in the course of 5 minutes against a guy who has otherwise destroyed his previous competition? Is the bar this low for everyone or is it a Machida special?

    Getting someone to play your game is how you dominate a match, dipshit.
    That only works when he doesn't end up murdering you at it. If Machida ever had Jones in the slightest trouble, you might have had a point. But he didn't, and you don't, and no amount of name-calling is going to change the fact that your guy was choked out and dropped like a corpse.
    Last edited by CNagy; 12/12/2011 4:15am at .
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.