Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD Fighter,

How old is GM Lee? Also his history of TKD is very wrong. However, it is the history that the KKW wants all of the Korean masters to tell everyone to instill Korean pride. Also what kwan did GM Lee belong to?

LP,

Becasue Lee, Park, Kim are common last names in Korea like Smith, Jones, and Johnson is here in the US.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >You would think that since Americans have been in Korea since the 50's (at least we still have a presence below the 38th parallel) that some of these Korean masters would be named "Smith" or "Jones"....LOL

Ah you no spend time in korea. We all know you find nice korean girl, marry her them bring to land of big PX. Then she brings family, divorces you and start knew life!!!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 5:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    miguk, i don't know what kwan he is originaly from but he was one of the founders of tkd and he was one of the first people to spread it around like joon rhee. their are still 40 or so schools in korea under him. i don't know how old he is but i think he is like in his late 60's.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 5:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can tell you that he is not one of the founding members of TKD. He may have been with one of the original kwans and a student of one of the founding memebers. I am geared to say that he was in the Chungdokwan since they were one of the first to send out people to expand TKD.

It is possible for him to be a legit 9th dan since he meets the age requirements as well as the technical requirements. If he is the one that is teaching, then take full advantadge of his lessons. Tap him for his history knowledge as well. His generation are slowly dying out and with them the truth of TKD is dying as well.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  5. Michael

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 6:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the looks of things the 9th degree was probably not awarded to him from the Kukiwan per se. His name does not sound familiar and I bow down to Jeremy when it comes down to the history of TKD, I'll have my friend take a look at the histroy and give ya a hefty possible counter point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 6:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/22/2002 10:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be nice to know what J.J. stands for. From that I could figure out what part he took in developing TKD. I just know that out of the original kwans that formed the foundation of TKD, J.J. Lee doesn't ring a bell. Yes there were a couple Lee's that helped but J.J. weren't their initials.

Please understand TKD I am not calling GM Lee a fraud. I am just saying that he wasn't an original founder of TKD. He may have had a hand in the developement though. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 12:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think it's like jae joon or somthing. it is very possible that he is a fruad.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 9:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will check back on my records but I do know that Lee, Jae-joon (if that is his name), definetly was not a Founder nor was he part of the 2nd generation Kwanjangs. I will let you know what I find out. I can only go to the 3rd or 4th generations with the information that I have.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12