Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 7:21am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eat lots of the right foods in the right ratios. 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat would be a good start. There's debate as to whether this is more effective or not for adding muscle but many small meals is the easiest way to increase your intake. Way too many hardgainers eat high protein diets with practically no carbs and wonder why they can't put on weight. Fat is essential (no pun intended) - you need plenty of EFA's and should also load up on peanut butter and bags of mixed nuts for between meal snacks. If you want to gain a few pounds quickly increase your water intake to 8 pints per day and supplement with creatine. Oh yeah, don't forget to lift heavy 3 or 4 days per week. 5 x5's is good but you might also want to cycle it with some hypertrophy training depending on how your body reacts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 11:08am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Not meaning to be flip, but wait 20 years. I couldnt crest 140 till I was almost 30. Now im 185 in my 40's and others my age are jealous. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    With age comes the weight. That is for true.

I never had problems putting on good weight when younger. I was 5'8" and 179# at 20, and solid as heck. Was solid at 197# at 24. After 30 though, the less solid weight happened. Don't rush it too much, it'll come. 185 would probably be nice again.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****! I feel like a giant reading this thread!! It's pretty cool! 6'0, 240lbs! I was talking to a friend of mine today about how skinny people are always trying to gain weight and big people are always trying to loose it!

I've been trying to get my weight down a little, not because I care, but because I'm trying to get my pullups up to 20 consistently. Most pullup trainers I've talked to(barstarzz, and Al Kavadlo) say that my routine is good, and then only real thing holding me up is being big.

So it's a double edged sword!

Because for most of my life I've been 5'8" and 115 lbs and I'd like for once to be able to buy a pair of pants that fucking fit.
    Ha, I say to you! This has been my issue but on the opposite end! It would be cool to be able to shop in Hollister one day(will never happen)!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 11:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Braedon View Post
    I have an awesome recipe for the purpose.
    Just take two banana and one cup yogurt with some sugar. Mix and mesh all the
    ingredients together.
    A Nice, natural and effective supplement.
    Are you going to be topping all of the old PT threads with dubious information?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Braedon View Post
    I have an awesome recipe for the purpose.
    Just take two banana and one cup yogurt with some sugar. Mix and mesh all the
    ingredients together.
    A Nice, natural and effective supplement.
    Or you can get really crazy and throw.....wait for it.....wait.......3 banana's in!!!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 2:02pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Or you can get really crazy and throw.....wait for it.....wait.......3 banana's in!!!!
    No, no, 7/8 of a banana. Seriously, I can't figure out what this sugar-laden recipe is supposed to be for.

Anyway, you skinny people don't seem to know what eating is. EAT MORE. Also another key: eat near the time of your workout--before, during, after. Your body is primed for growth around that time and it helps with soreness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 2:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Holy ****! I feel like a giant reading this thread!! It's pretty cool! 6'0, 240lbs! I was talking to a friend of mine today about how skinny people are always trying to gain weight and big people are always trying to loose it!

I've been trying to get my weight down a little, not because I care, but because I'm trying to get my pullups up to 20 consistently. Most pullup trainers I've talked to(barstarzz, and Al Kavadlo) say that my routine is good, and then only real thing holding me up is being big.

So it's a double edged sword!

Ha, I say to you! This has been my issue but on the opposite end! It would be cool to be able to shop in Hollister one day(will never happen)!
    While not a giant, you are a few inches taller than average, and a bit heavier... Especially if you are fairly lean. I weigh 245, but probably have about 30# of fat hangin off me. ( It's all right around my mid-section too.. )
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123