Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 9:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do I start to gain weight?

I'm 125lbs, 24,5 foot 8 and ripped. But I can't seem to keep the pounds on. I train BJJ and kickboxing about 4 days a week and work out in my spare time. I've got a really fast metabolism. Id like to get up to 145lbs. What should I do to make this happen? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    I'm 125lbs, 24,5 foot 8 and ripped. But I can't seem to keep the pounds on. I train BJJ and kickboxing about 4 days a week and work out in my spare time. I've got a really fast metabolism. Id like to get up to 145lbs. What should I do to make this happen? Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    Man, if you want to gain weight you need to lift heavy 3 days per week and eat like a horse. Make sure you still get in your fruits and veggies so your body has adequate nutrients but, if you are looking to gain weight try upping your carbohydrate intake, and try to eat at least one large meal each day with high glycemic carbs like: white rice, white bread, pasta, or white potatoes (two meals would be better). Creatine AKG or creatine AKG both will help you add weight and muscle as well. Immediately after you lift always take in a large amount of simple carbohydrates and a protein shake (chocolate milk is excellent for this) this spikes insulin and protein synthesis. If all these things fail to produce results after 2 weeks, then there is one last thing you can try. I did this successfully to gain a lot of strength as well as about 10 lbs in about a month, of mostly muscle, try drinking 1 gallon of whole milk everyday. If you eat normal and drink 1 gallon of milk every day you WILL gain weight. There is no way around it even if your metabolism is fire hot this will work. Have no fear about negative effects, you wont be drinking this much milk for more than 6 weeks and milk won't kill you. If you are lactose intolerant get some lactaid and take with your milk and you should be fine. Comment back with any questions or feel free to hit me up on my blog with any comments, and make sure to like my page on facebook.

http://everystepblog.blogspot.com/20...r-lifting.html

Flyweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 11:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel ya. I'm 5'8" and have roamed between 115-125 for the past 15 years. In the past month or so I've gained about 5lbs by lifting weights 3x a week (stronglift 5x5) and drinking a lot of chocolate milk. So give that a try. :)

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 8:33am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a good book on the subject called "Brawn" by a guy who writes Hardgainer magazine. Essentially it reccomends heavy lifts with low reps, mostly multiple joint exercises (Squats, deadlifts, good mornings) and ample recovery time. I followed it pretty closely for a year and went from 180 to 220 while dropping several waist sizes. Good stuff.

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 8:55am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not meaning to be flip, but wait 20 years. I couldnt crest 140 till I was almost 30. Now im 185 in my 40's and others my age are jealous. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 9:21am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm endo-mesomorphic, not an ectomorph, so I don't have any first hand advice. But the general rule is this: eat more, a lot more. Traditional suggestions include drinking a gallon of milk a day. And don't whine if you lose your ripped abs for a while. Also: http://www.amazon.com/Scrawny-Brawny.../dp/1594860882

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 9:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was an ectomorph. Now I look like I ate a mesomorph.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 10:11am

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I managed to go from 145 to 155 by adding a can of slim fast and a glass of muscle milk to my normal daily diet. You'd be surprised what a few hundred extra calories a day can do if you stick with it.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 10:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Not meaning to be flip, but wait 20 years. I couldnt crest 140 till I was almost 30. Now im 185 in my 40's and others my age are jealous. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Hehe, people have been saying things like that to me my whole life. "Wait till your 18! Wait till you're in your 20s! Wait till you hit 30! Wait till your mid-30s!" I'm 36 now and still having to try really hard to gain.

I'm almost the heaviest I've ever been, which coincidentally was when I was 16 and lifted weights for about 6 months.

:YUNO:

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 11:22am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Food is the cure for skinny. As a friend of mine has said: if you put peanut butter on everything, you'll gain weight. It may not be the healthiest way to do it, but you'll gain weight. You do have to ramp it up, though. Jumping from 2k calories/day to 5k calories/day is a recipe for failure. Adding 500 calories a week is not, though.

Also there are ectomorphs and there are ectomorphs. Some guys are more meso and just need to eat more. Some guys, well, a Woody Allen-type is going to have a harder time of it.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast