Flyweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Either that or I have hobbit feet. But this whole thread seems a bit whiney to me.
    Pain is not the issue, but leaving a trail of blood on the mat isn't polite or sanitary.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 10:44pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How exactly do you get blisters from kickboxing?? No I'm not trolling, well not entirely anyway. Is it from the heavy bag?? You will have to excuse my curiosity on this but I have done a **** ton of kicking in MA, not to mention hiking, biking, etc. With no real blister problems. So I'm really confused on how you would get them from kickboxing.
    Congratulations, you don't know how to round kick. If you are throwing hard Thai style round kicks it puts a TON of torque on the bottom of your feet specifically the ball of your foot and big toe. Everyone gets blisters or tears the skin off their big toe/ball of the foot when they first start Muay Thai. It doesn't help that most hardcore Thai gyms have concrete floors.

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 9:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Congratulations, you don't know how to round kick. If you are throwing hard Thai style round kicks it puts a TON of torque on the bottom of your feet specifically the ball of your foot and big toe. Everyone gets blisters or tears the skin off their big toe/ball of the foot when they first start Muay Thai. It doesn't help that most hardcore Thai gyms have concrete floors.
    I know perfectly well how to throw a round kick, I simply don't have little girly feet. Now I can understand the part about not leaving a blood trail on the mat cause ick.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know perfectly well how to throw a round kick, I simply don't have little girly feet. Now I can understand the part about not leaving a blood trail on the mat cause ick.
    What does girly have to do with it? When I lived in Okinawa, I saw women walking barefoot on coral. You don't have that kind of girly feet?

OK, so now that we have established that Bneteraseddmynam has manly feet and thus doesn't get blisters on them, and therefore has nothing to contribute to the thread other than..."na na na boo boo, I don't get blisters!!", we can move on.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    What does girly have to do with it? When I lived in Okinawa, I saw women walking barefoot on coral. You don't have that kind of girly feet?

OK, so now that we have established that Bneteraseddmynam has manly feet and thus doesn't get blisters on them, and therefore has nothing to contribute to the thread other than..."na na na boo boo, I don't get blisters!!", we can move on.
    The women in Okinawa walk on coral barefoot?? Ok I take back the girly feet remark.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 5:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of them do. I used to see them out there collecting sea urchins which some eat(not me!). When I would go surfing they were always out on the sea wall waiting for the tide to go out, walking all over the broken coral and rocks next to the sea wall! They had some gnarly feet too!!

And we wouldn't step on those same areas without boots on!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 7:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I grew up surfing in the tropics.
    During college my daily routine had me running barefoot across hot asphalt for a warmup,
    skittering down a cat-**** infested, nearly vertical volcanic trail for the "spices" and tenderizing,
    brining in the ocean for hours with occasional reef-scrapings and tube-worm core-samplings to ensure said brine penetrated,
    and finally returning to climb Mt Kittikaka in an exhausted state only to have to limp along the now blazing asphalt back to the sanctuary of my vehicle.
    My feet eventually became bricks of hardened callouses;
    i had to use a pad sander (200 grit!) to fit into dress shoes.

So what was this thread... Oh yeah..

**** that ****, kickboxing AND grappling ripped that **** right off.
    It tore off right down to the meat and it hurt like hell.
    I had to start fresh with each one.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 10:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha! Pretty awesome! Yeah I don't know too many surfers who haven't had to brave some weirdness over the years! Changing clothes in the parking lot, running over asphalt, nipple rash, and all kinds of others!!
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12