Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 1:51pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPSSGroup View Post
    Dear All
    Please be assured that 27.8 Newton of cut resistance is exceptional. Right now Cut-Tex PRO offers the highest level of cut resistance of any textile/fabric available.
    You will not be able to cut the fabric with a Stanley/carpet knife, so I think it is fair to say that it certainly will increase your chance of coming home safely when being slashed by an idiot carrying a kitchen knife or similar edged weapon.
    Our cut resistant garments are worn by police, prison, mental health care and other frontline professionals... and there is a good reason why.
    Take good care.
    Robert
    Robert,

I'd personally like to thank you for taking time out of your day to visit here and talk about your product. In my opinion it speaks very well of you and your company. That being said, any chance we could get some more video of a determined knife attack or maybe even a small piece of the fabric so we can test it ourselves?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 2:43pm

Style: Karate, w/ a side of judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am actually very interested in this! I had heard that some things like this were being experimented with but I never did follow through on looking for prototypes. 7 pounds worth of resistance to laceration doesn't sound like much, but I would certainly be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until it can be tested by an outside party--after all, has anybody really measured the pressure exerted by a knife slash? With a short blade I actually wouldn't be surprised if it might just fall into that 7 pound range because there just isn't that much mass behind the cutting edge. I could be wrong, though. That said, I have a plethora of blades that are razor sharp and would absolutely be willing to test this out.

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 2:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    The tests are done with an edge that is loaded with weight and drawn across the fabric. 27.8 Newtons, the number they're so happy about, is not very much force at all. Something on the order of 7 pounds.

From wikipedia:
    Puncture Resistance
    Cut-Tex PRO does not offer puncture resistance, as it is a knitted fabric. However Cut-Tex PRO is commonly used for cut resistant gloves, and during the manufacturing process of cut resistant gloves additional materials are used to offer BS EN ISO 388:2003 Puncture Resistance Level 4 - the highest possible.
    Just noticed an error in my earlier post on this. It should read as above. My mouth noises are not wikipedia.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe do some hanging-meat-wrapped-in-fabric power cuts, a la Cold Steel?

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping for something along those lines. Dunno about 'power cuts' though. I just want to know that a reasonable amount of force is used and that the knife involved is sharp.

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 6:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that this wouldn't be too effective in an altercation, as even in the video linked by Judoka the tester guy simply held the blade up to the clothing and dragged it down, rather than putting his arm into it the way a real assailant would.
    Last edited by Kibosh_Malarkey; 11/30/2011 6:30pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 8:08am

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chainsaw chaps and certain other gear may be somewhat applicable for some folks on a limited basis.

And Yes I can personally attest to it's effectiveness , bounce a running Stihl .041 off your leg 50 feet because you get a crackout and shake and end up with just the ruined chaps and you'll be a believer.

And the stuff isn't si bulky that you can't get geared up and climb with it , the jackets , sleeves and gloves might be worth looking into for some of you folks desiring another layer as defense.

http://www.benmeadows.com/store/Clot...hainsaw_Chaps/

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/03/2011 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Chainsaw chaps and certain other gear may be somewhat applicable for some folks on a limited basis.

And Yes I can personally attest to it's effectiveness , bounce a running Stihl .041 off your leg 50 feet because you get a crackout and shake and end up with just the ruined chaps and you'll be a believer.

And the stuff isn't si bulky that you can't get geared up and climb with it , the jackets , sleeves and gloves might be worth looking into for some of you folks desiring another layer as defense.

http://www.benmeadows.com/store/Clot...hainsaw_Chaps/
    Badass! And not a bad price, either!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    12/03/2011 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm quite interested in the material as well, being a fashion designer and all.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 3:09pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if Motocross armor ( under jersey type) or certain roadracing type underarmor might be applicable?

I can testify for both in their intended usage and both of course have dress limitations , nor am I willing to sacrifice gear that's not worn out to a penetration test with a Cold Steel Tanto or the like. Works for putting it off into the desert off turn 9 at Willow Springs and walking away from it with bruises and nothing else , with the bonus of a three piece paperweight Yamaha.

And to further muddle the mix examine the cutvests used to protect catch dogs for hoghunting.

However it might be food for thought......very thin titanium mesh sandwiched between kevlar or carbon fiber maybe? probably not enough penetration resistance?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12