Posted On:
    11/29/2011 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training for sambo noob

Hello!

I've just signed up for sambo trainings. Unfortunately, I study and work, so the only "pure" sambo training I can have is on Monday. What about the rest? What should I do to improve my strength, flexbility, stamina etc.? Which days is it wise to train at? My weight is only 60kg now, but the goal is to be 80kg-heavy, good fighter :ChallengeAccepted:. I have an experience with Rushfit, Tacfit, P90X etc. However, I'm not sure how to organize my week. I have kettlebells, clubbells, dumbbells, a punchbag, a weight and a rope. Please, help.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 2:02pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drink more Vodka.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 2:21pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The stronglifts 5x5 thing has worked pretty well for me so far. Gaining 20kg might take a little, though. Especially if you want to gain 20kg in muscle mass.

What is probably going to take even longer is becoming a good fighter. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
    I've just signed up for sambo trainings. Unfortunately, I study and work, so the only "pure" sambo training I can have is on Monday. What about the rest? What should I do to improve my strength, flexbility, stamina etc.? Which days is it wise to train at? My weight is only 60kg now, but the goal is to be 80kg-heavy, good fighter :ChallengeAccepted:. I have an experience with Rushfit, Tacfit, P90X etc. However, I'm not sure how to organize my week. I have kettlebells, clubbells, dumbbells, a punchbag, a weight and a rope. Please, help.
    If I was you and was spending just one of my days training martial arts, I'd probably set up a weight training schedule 3 days a week, and do bagwork on the off days (and I'd probably add a jumprope into the bagwork day). Also make sure you're getting time to rest and recover. Clubbells will probably be a friend of yours, since both lifting and grappling can target the shoulder girdle, and clubwork will make your shoulder girdle more flexible and resistant to damage.

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Azatdawn: Good fighter - someone who fights better than me. So in my case it's just any fighter ;).

Permalost: Thank you. If there are 3 training days apart from sambo one there will have to be two training days without a recovery between. How should I cope with that? Different intensities or different trainings (exploitative different muscles)?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 3:53pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're approaching this in the wrong way. You're asking your body to do something it wasn't designed to do I think you need to rethink your goals.

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 4:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I weighted 70 before the surgery, so it won't be a problem to get those 10kg back. Additional 10kg is just a matter of work. I don't see contraindications.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 4:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well we're going to need more than that. Body type, BFI, current muscle mass, age.....

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm tiny (ecto). However, I am not a hardgainer and without any sacrifice I used to have for example well-defined 6pack - I'm writing this in order to show that I have no problems with fat cause I don't have BFI value. 5ft 9in, 20 years old.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:35pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's what I assumed. Like I said, don't ask your body to do something that it was not born to do. If you go to 80kg it'll simply be weight you're going to shed later on. Of course I could be assuming the wrong thing, that you want to be a fighter.

That being said, you're going to have to take the time to add some bulk and not do the cardio aspects of the those exercises that you stated above. You may want to take a good look at your diet and take up some power lifting which should get you up there in a relative short time. Afterwards do a change up and develop the explosive muscles necessary for fighting.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast