Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Estima Style Footlock

Another forum was asking about this, so I did quick because I've been crazy busy. I left out some details I would normally cover, but if you know how to do a toe-hold and are a reasonably experienced BJJer this is probably good enough to get you hitting this.

Just make sure you line up your body directly with their shin, same angle and have the flat of their foot against your abdomen, then lock it in super glue tight before you start the finish. This is a twisting footlock just like the toehold, so use your body to tightly twist the toes towards your opponents hips. The most common mistake people make with this is letting their grip loosen when they go to finish. Just keep that in mind and have your partner watch that for you. Think of the grip like a real RNC that you are trying to finish!
    Last edited by M-Tri; 11/26/2011 5:47pm at .
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interesting. I'll play around with it this week and get back to you. Thanks!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 6:39pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gokor teaches a similar move. I've always found it hard to secure. This is also considered a heel hook.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Gokor teaches a similar move. I've always found it hard to secure. This is also considered a heel hook.
    In BJJ it's not considered a heel hook in competition. At the No-Gi worlds this year Victor Estima used this to finish all of his opponents and win his division.

I missed Victor's performance, but I put this in my game when his brother Braulio started smoking people with it in ADCC 2009. I've had a few people tell me it is similar to a Gokor technique they learned, but that they never really use it. I'm not sure how similar it is, but I use this all the time now.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 8:10pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri View Post
    In BJJ it's not considered a heel hook in competition. At the No-Gi worlds this year Victor Estima used this to finish all of his opponents and win his division.

I missed Victor's performance, but I put this in my game when his brother Braulio started smoking people with it in ADCC 2009. I've had a few people tell me it is similar to a Gokor technique they learned, but that they never really use it. I'm not sure how similar it is, but I use this all the time now.
    Interesting. I'll try your approach and get back to you.