Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 1:23am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want Machida to win, but that could end in disappointment. Jones has a reach that exceeds Machida's by almost a foot. Machida isn't very aggressive and usually never dictates how the fight goes. I like his counter-fighting style, but I can't see it working well against Jones that will keep him on the outside and punish him with jabs and kicks. Machida needs to do more leg kicks and body kicks of his own to slow down his opponents and deliver damage without getting hit. I'm not sure if this is possible against Jones. I'm also worried about the fight going to the ground because Jones seems to be able to wear his opponents down with his elbos and control the fight until he wins.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 10:25am

Style: American Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he is being very honest with himself. of all the people he faced Machida has the best chance at negating his strengths in order to defeat him. Machida is a bit more ellusive than jones but what makes him dangerous is his accuracy and one shot kill mentality that Karate has given him. I think this fight will be a very techincal chess match and that Machida has a better chance than the public is giving him crdit for.

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 11:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenukan, Shinkyudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida is absolutely fantastic at controlling distance, but sometimes goes straight back like a lot of Karate fighters. There is a good chance he eats a big punch with Jones' reach.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 12:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interested to see how Jones approaches this fight. Even with his reach advantage he has to be fairly leary of exchanging shots with someone who has Machida's movement and accuracy. Plus, Lyoto is very hard to take down from the clinch and he's never really been held down at all, his bottom game is still kind of a question mark. Machida has also never seemed tired in the Octagon, whereas Jones seems like his gas tank could be a problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12