damn...too late...

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2004 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try again in January? Probably be heading to O'ahu soon after the Vegas throwdown as my mom will have her 87th birthday on 1/20/05 and I'll be there. She's uses a walker now but still drinks white wine and eats lau lau, mahi, and such health foods like onion rings!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/11/2004 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat:
    Yeah, I should be ready to go by then, too. Foot's healing up nicely. I was actually trying to talk my wife into a Vegas trip in January (which she wants to go on), but she's a little suspicious as to why, and how come I know what dates I want to go five months away? We'll see.

`~/
    Last edited by Meex; 8/11/2004 7:42pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2004 11:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife doesn't seem to enjoy watching me spar at all. That you're going to Vegas to workout and hang around with a bunch of Bullshido ma's might not be too convincing to any sane woman (except JKDChick, who'll probably be there, I hope). Well we'll just have to work on this. How about, "Dear, if you come it will keep me from hitting the strip joints with Omega and the boys and me making an idiot of myself." No, that won't work, my wife already knows I'm an idiot. Maybe, "Darling, if you come you can wrap my wounds and nurse me." Nah, that sucks too. When I get hurt I try to hide it. A couple years ago a guy hurt my ribs with a spin kick and when I was groaning trying to turn over in bed I told her that I thought I'd hurt my back at work.

Meex, I keep thinking about stuff you told me... I'd like to post your recent "history." but of course I won't. But it is interesting and a caution to us all. If I can get my thoughts together I'll pm you about it.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/12/2004 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PFL:
    Maybe we can get the organizers to plan some outings for the wives on the actual dates and times of the events? Shopping with other women, without having to drag their men about town would be heaven to them. Especially if they knew we were just gonna be sweating rolling around, and sparring with other men.

Maybe get them some group discounts to a few shows?

`~/

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2004 11:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can't beat 'em, bribe 'em!

I doubt that Omega is going to find time to worry about entertainment for our wives. WAIT A MINUTE! What am I saying? That horny bum would love to entertain our wives!

If we do have women coming with us it would be wise to get them together (they can amuse themselves by complaining about us, that is if we aren't too boring) for at least day time activities. Maybe as the time gets nearer I'll post about this in the Vegas threads.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 8/12/2004 11:40pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123