Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #31
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,923
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear, I'm like flies on **** with these videos. Whenever I come across a fight video where one guy is out of shape, wearing weird clothes (Like a tank top and camo jeans), and has a weird hair-do, then I know it's going to be good. But if they interview both guys beforehand, then I get really excited:


  2. #32
    FinalLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,050
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Camel Clutch....no can defense!

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,469
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW guys I looked up some of those fights and gee, they're not recorded on Sherdog (inside pet peeve)

  4. #34
    FinalLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,050
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    BTW guys I looked up some of those fights and gee, they're not recorded on Sherdog (inside pet peeve)
    Question from a n00b who doesn't know any better: is Sherdog like the authority when it comes determining whether a fight is really a 'fight', i.e., if it's not listed on Sherdog, then chances are the fight in question just happened at some rinky dink "promotion" that has no standing in the fighting/MMA community?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,469
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Question from a n00b who doesn't know any better: is Sherdog like the authority when it comes determining whether a fight is really a 'fight', i.e., if it's not listed on Sherdog, then chances are the fight in question just happened at some rinky dink "promotion" that has no standing in the fighting/MMA community?
    It's a whatever thing. I've actually seen "shoots" on Sherdog. I've tried to correct my record twice now. They actually asked me if I had the website of a fight I had in 1997.

  6. #36
    FinalLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,050
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    It's a whatever thing. I've actually seen "shoots" on Sherdog. I've tried to correct my record twice now. They actually asked me if I had the website of a fight I had in 1997.
    Ah, okay. It's not like Sherdog is a governing body or anything...it's just whatever they feel like recording and keeping track of.

  7. #37
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole thread made my night. Cheers.

  8. #38
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,923
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    BTW guys I looked up some of those fights and gee, they're not recorded on Sherdog (inside pet peeve)
    They might've been amateur fights. Some of those oldschool organizations started out by putting on cards where nobody got paid, only to later host professional cards under the same banner.

    Steve Nelson's Unified Shoot Wrestling Federation of Amarillo, Texas was like that. The first few cards were amateur. That's interesting, because Ron Tripp actually fought on the first show. He doesn't have a record on Sherdog, though, because he wasn't paid.

    Incidentally, Alexander Karelin is listed on Sherdog for this:




    Promotions that put on both MMA and pro-wrestling matches really screw up the database.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think based on how the guy grabbed his head before he tapped that he was probably poked in the eye. I've seen that stop fights many times.

  10. #40
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,923
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you just love fights where you can predict the winner within half of a second?



    At a certain point, you have wonder what kind of a guy the promoter is in person.

Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO